Clear water needed?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Craiglufc

Reaction score
Hi guys,

so after asking about micro bubbles, I've noticed i have alot of white specs in my tank. My tank has been set up for a couple of months now and all my water tests are coming back good. I have the smallest airstone output I could find and purchased a fluval u2 which was recommended. I maintain the tank as best I can with the knowledge I have. I do a 25% water change weekly and clean the gravel every 2/3 weeks. Yet I'm unable to get the water clear. I don't overfeed the fish and my tank isn't overstocked. Help please???
20220322_180826.jpg
20220322_180822.jpg

If im being completely honest... I would not be the slightest bit concerned... It looks perfectly fine to me. Unless your fish are showing signs of stress or death, itll be ok. And if it really really bugs you, It doesnt even look cloudy... This is just my opinion

If im being completely honest... I would not be the slightest bit concerned... It looks perfectly fine to me. Unless your fish are showing signs of stress or death, itll be ok. And if it really really bugs you, It doesnt even look cloudy... This is just my opinion
The fish are fine and I have a happy tank, think its just me trying to get perfection. I see tanks that are absolute crystal clear and I'm trying to get that.

The fish are fine and I have a happy tank, think its just me trying to get perfection. I see tanks that are absolute crystal clear and I'm trying to get that.
Yah dont try that LOL... Everybody wants the "perfect tank" but being realistic its not gonna happen... I have an aquarium and its fairly clear if you dont get super close and notice the little specs moving all about... Just enjoy your tank. And maybe someday when we are more experienced on aquarium keeping, we will be able to get crystal clear water

Yah dont try that LOL... Everybody wants the "perfect tank" but being realistic its not gonna happen... I have an aquarium and its fairly clear if you dont get super close and notice the little specs moving all about... Just enjoy your tank. And maybe someday when we are more experienced on aquarium keeping, we will be able to get crystal clear water
Thanks for the advice bud. Mine is the same, looks fine from a distancing, I know I'm maintenance it to the best of my ability so I'll just enjoy as you said. Appreciated the feedback

Thanks for the advice bud. Mine is the same, looks fine from a distancing, I know I'm maintenance it to the best of my ability so I'll just enjoy as you said. Appreciated the feedback
Of course, anytime. I understand how you feel... You put all that work in and you want it to look exactly how you want but it just doesnt... Which can be very irritating at times... I spent sooooooo long rearranging decor in the tank before getting fish after the tank was cycled and still wasnt that happy with it

When you say bubbles, do you mean air bubbles?
If they are fine particles, try some poly batting cut to fit in your filter (inserted after the sponge filter WRT water flow). Dirt cheap and reduces small particulates by a magnitude.

When you say bubbles, do you mean air bubbles?
If they are fine particles, try some poly batting cut to fit in your filter (inserted after the sponge filter WRT water flow). Dirt cheap and reduces small particulates by a magnitude.
I do have micro bubbles too. I'm not sure exactly where that would go inside the filter, by the bio media or in-between the carbon pad and the sponge? Also, where could I purchase some? Thanks for the help

I do have micro bubbles too. I'm not sure exactly where that would go inside the filter, by the bio media or in-between the carbon pad and the sponge? Also, where could I purchase some? Thanks for the help
I put mine between the sponge and the ceramic bio-rings in my Aquaclear HOB. Sponge gets the big bits, the poly the fine, leaving clear water to not clog the ceramic. Not sure where to source in the UK, but I would try a craft store. You are looking for poly-fiber batting used for quilts. Cut it to size with scissors and replace when dirty.

I put mine between the sponge and the ceramic bio-rings in my Aquaclear HOB. Sponge gets the big bits, the poly the fine, leaving cear water to not clog the ceramic. Not sure where to source in the UK, but I would try a craft store. You are looking for poly-fiber batting used for quilts. Cut it to size with scissors and replace when dirty.
Would i be able to find it on somewhere like amazon?

Brilliant, appreciated. Also, I heard the carbon pads are an expensive option for the fluval over the months/years. Is there a cheaper alternative to that I could use?

Brilliant, appreciated. Also, I heard the carbon pads are an expensive option for the fluval over the months/years. Is there a cheaper alternative to that I could use?
You generally should not need carbon filters at all.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back