Clear poop

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Unicorn123

Reaction score
Hi my ranchu is in a 50 gallon tank and he seams to have clear poo mixed in with some green. In addition to that he sits at the top of water for a few minutes each day. He doesn't look or act sick other than these 2 things. The tank is cycled and he is only fish in there. I was wondering if anyone knows the cause to these things or if it is normal. I feed him solient green and peas. I feed him 2 times a day and the size of a pea and a half. If anyone can help I'd be grateful. If anyone needs a picture Just ask.

Seems to me he has digestive issues.... clear poop means there is air in his intestinal track among other things. Is solient green algae based?
I think he made need a more staple diet, have you tried him on fish food design specifically for ranchus? Like Tetra fin gold Japan?

He might actually have a stomach ache, feeding him peas every day encourages them to poo and acts like fishy laxative, this is what I feed my fish when I noticed they are ill or havent been going properly. He may of been gasping at the surface at more taking in more air to try and get rid of the feeling, dont get me wrong, feeding peas may be a good thing or a bad thing, but I wouldnt feed him it often especially as hes exhibiting signs like this.

I haven't had him very long maybe about a month I know when I first got him he was pooping fine. And after a few days (maybe a week) he started pooping a clear mix. So should I not feed him peas anymore?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back