Clear eyes?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Moonweaver

Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I read that if your fish have clear eyes it's a sign of good health. The problem is, I can't tell if my fish have clear eyes or cloudy eyes. How do you normally tell? (They're Glofish tetras)

Post a picture of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

Clears eyes are exactly that, they look clear with the dark pupil in the middle.
Cloudy eyes have a cream or white appearance instead of being clear.

Clamped fins are another indication the fish is unwell or unhappy. Instead of the fins standing out normally, they squish then up.

Clamps fins will sometimes get a white edge to them, and this combined with cloudy eyes is a clear indication there is something wrong with the tank water.

Most fish health issues are caused by poor water quality and the best treatment for this is big daily water changes using dechlorinated water. The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. It's long and boring but worth a read when you have spare time.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

Post a picture of the fish?
If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

Clears eyes are exactly that, they look clear with the dark pupil in the middle.
Cloudy eyes have a cream or white appearance instead of being clear.

Clamped fins are another indication the fish is unwell or unhappy. Instead of the fins standing out normally, they squish then up.

Clamps fins will sometimes get a white edge to them, and this combined with cloudy eyes is a clear indication there is something wrong with the tank water.

Most fish health issues are caused by poor water quality and the best treatment for this is big daily water changes using dechlorinated water. The following link has information about what to do if your fish get sick. It's long and boring but worth a read when you have spare time.
https://www.fishforums.net/threads/what-to-do-if-your-fish-gets-sick.450268/

So you don't actually need to "see through" the eyes? (I turned it down all the way but it still says too big?)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back