Cleaning up a neglected marine tank.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

xxBarneyxx

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
So my mother in law has a 95L fish only marine tank which currently only has 1 maroon clown and a bunch of snails.

She has some pretty major health complications and due to covid we have been avoiding going in her house so I hadn't been able to help her out for over a year.

She has been doing a great job keeping on top of the water changes but had some powerheads fail and a lot of algae growth.

Went round today and spent the day giving it a good clean, setting up some new powerheads and rescaping some of the rock a bit.

Still a lot of work to do, needs a few more good water changes and vacuuming. Also needs a new light which I have ordered and should be here this week.

Water parameters were actually fine except for fairly high phosphate. There is not a lot of bioload and she does do water changes once a week so was mostly cosmetic.

Anyway here's the before and after. Might make a mini journal of it at some point.

20210925_170530.jpg

20210925_195817.jpg

Also a lesson on the dangers of cheap power adaptors. One of the pins was completely melted off into the plug socket!!!
20210925_184645.jpg

Last edited:
Wow what a difference your cleaning off the algae in the tank that made, good job.

Defintely encourage you to do a mini journal on that tank as am considering setting up a SW nano tank at some point in near future so all tips and advice would be fantastic!

And wow! That melted power plug! That’s scary actually, luckily no one was hurt or worse with that happening.

Wow, very neglected!

What kind of system do you have there?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back