Cleaning tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

frankiefrank

Reaction score
Hello! Iā€™m going to be doing a 50% water change and I was wondering can u pour the new water with the fish in the tank or will it stress it out?

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Yes it is fine to pour the water into the tank while the fish are still in it.

Just drain some water out of the tank and gravel clean the substrate (use a gravel cleaner). Then make up some tap water and dechlorinator, aerate it for a couple of minutes and then slowly pour the new water into the tank. Try to add it at one end so the fish can swim around the other side.

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Yes it is fine to pour the water into the tank while the fish are still in it.

Just drain some water out of the tank and gravel clean the substrate (use a gravel cleaner). Then make up some tap water and dechlorinator, aerate it for a couple of minutes and then slowly pour the new water into the tank. Try to add it at one end so the fish can swim around the other side.
Thank you!

I have plastic pipe connected to the spray bar at the top of the tank, i can it a hose to this allowing me to safely pump out any quantity from the tank. Once i have the level i want i put the water back after closing the valves on the canister filter. Then its basically heavy rain, with both powerheads running it mixed quick. Even on a big water change temp stays above 22/23 deg.
The mixing is important, when i first had the tank i nearly lost some fish because i did not realise the warm water will sit on top of the cold, as the fish swim into it it they are stunned, quite literally. They recovered and lesson learned.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back