Cleaning plastic plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guppy10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all, as much as I loath fake plants and am going organic , fingers crossed, what is the best way to clean them up as they are abit grubby. Iv tried scrubbing which is ok for the robust but the more ferny are now soaking so how do I remove algae from these ?

Plastic plants can be cleaned by soaking in some bleach for a few minutes, then rinsing well with fresh water. After that put them in the sun to dry and when they no longer smell of bleach, put them in the tank.

No easy fix then. I tried bleach but it didn't do much so scrubbing is better but such a pain to do.

I have a lot of old plastic plants in my basement, since I started having live plants I gave up on cleaning them. The plastic also seems to break easily when it gets old. Good luck cleaning.

No easy fix then. I tried bleach but it didn't do much so scrubbing is better but such a pain to do.
Did you use straight bleach or diluted bleach?

If the bleach didn't get rid of the algae, the beach solution was either too weak or you didn't leave the plants in it for long enough. Bleach also degrades over time or when exposed to heat, and if you used an old bottle or a bottle that has been kept in a warm environment, the concentration of bleach won't be as strong.

Hi all, as much as I loath fake plants and am going organic , fingers crossed, what is the best way to clean them up as they are abit grubby. Iv tried scrubbing which is ok for the robust but the more ferny are now soaking so how do I remove algae from these ?
Some don’t clean up too well, especially silk ones. I soak plastic ones in super hot water with a little bleach. Then rinse them really well in water with Prime added to it.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back