cleaning my rat

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

daudy_dojo

crazy betta lady 0.o
Reaction score
i know how to clip my rats nails and all but... what do i do when cleaning out his ears!?!? i know with a human you can dump peroxide in your ears and it will wash out excess waz but can i use just a Qtip with some peroxide on it?? or just a Qtip?

Well, is it crusty or dirty? Otherwise I would say just leave them.

rats should clean out their ears by themselves. If you have two they will clean eachother's ears. Call a vet for a better reccomendation.

Animals, especially rodents, are exceptionally good at keeping themselves clean. I can't imagine why you'd need to clean your rat's ears. And, if they were crusty or something, I'd think that would be a necessary call to the vet, to make sure he didn't have an ear infection.

well see he is getting over an ear infection... and i dont have a second rat :( also my hamster keeps scratching up his legs on something :( dunno what though

Hey, if you are still having an issue, I would suggest taking him to the vet. It wouldn't hurt anthing to put a little hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball and gently swie it every day, though, so long as you're careful. And I would check all the sharp points in your hamster's cage and take out anything questionable.

im currently doing that and i put a lil peroxide on a Qtip and wipe around that area :)

and as for my hamster , i know what does it :p its his damn wheel! ima go get him something today cause he is way HYPER!! :hyper: i love to watch him but he needs to calm down :p lol anyone else have a hyper hamster

Most hamsters are hyper! I had a hamster who was like on steriods or stimulants and drugs because she was crazy, characteristic of most hamsters.

I hope everything is alright with your rat!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back