clams

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

king angel

Reaction score
hello all ,my first post here ,just wondering if leaving the actinic light on over night causes any adverse effects for my clams ,any ideas ......cheers....

has everyone gone away for the w/end ,or does nobody know anything about clams on this board ?

Why would you leave the actinic on over night? Clams need to rest sometime, just like everything eles in the tank. Actinic, is not moon lighting, even though it is blue, it is not the same. Actinic is very strong in comparasion, night lighting is usually just a few blue leds. If moon lighting is what you are after, this is one of the best I have found so far. http://fish.orbust.net/forums/index.php?sh...showtopic=30944

i leave the actinic light on because ,i did have problems with my anemone wandering at night ,and it was suggested to me to try leaving the actinic light on over night ,since i did it has settled for the last few months in the one spot ,........

If he is happy with his spot and not moving, you may want to try turning it off now.
See if he starts moving again. Its not good to have them on all the time like that, light is great in the right amounts, but too much can bite ya after a wile.

king angel said:
i leave the actinic light on because ,i did have problems with my anemone wandering at night ,and it was suggested to me to try leaving the actinic light on over night ,since i did it has settled for the last few months in the one spot ,........
King..........do you have any other advice on anenomes?

The Actinics can be considered noonday sun to some species. It is a very intense spectrum and should have the some rigid schedule along with the balance of your lighting.

GL

Great Lakes said:
The Actinics can be considered noonday sun to some species. It is a very intense spectrum and should have the some rigid schedule along with the balance of your lighting.

GL
what would you suggest?

Suggest? The issue seems to be the wandering nature of the Anemone. This is a struggle with the addition of anemones. The Anemoe will eventually find a place it likes and settle into it.

Your best chances with one is to have strong lighting in the entire tank, and place it in an area of moderate water flow. Then you have to let nature take its course.

GL

For night lighting, the led moonlighting is the best option.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back