Circus - April 2021 Fish of the Month Winner (Livebearers)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
April 2021 Fish
of the Month Contest
We had 12 beautiful Livebearers entered in this month's FOTM contest but only one could win...

And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
Circus
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's the winning fish and its description
20210414_225537-jpg.134466
This is Harold, my Wrestling Halfbeak. I have had him almost 6 months now. I think he looks constantly grumpy. I think Halfbeaks are one of the more interesting types of livebearers, and would eventually like to get more and possible breed them.

He lives in a 29 gallon lightly brackish tank with a breeding pair of Orange Chromides, 4 nerite snails and numerous MTS. The tank is fed Bugbites micro pellets, color flakes, and spirulina flakes. Once a week they are fed blanched peas, then fasted the next day. Although, he does try to eat everything put in the tank.

Last edited:
Congrats @Circus on your win with your Wrestling Halfbeak. What a unique and interesting looking livebearer. Well deserved. You will soon receive a FOTM Winner Banner in your profile area and your fish will be added to our FIsh of the Month Wall of Fame. Great job, Circus.

Coming in second place was @Sgooosh with his beautifully colored guppy. Nice going, Sgooosh.

For those who didnt win or didnt enter, we hope you enter a future FOTM contest.

Right now our Tank of the Month contest is accepting entries. For May, we are featuring tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger. If you have a tank of that size, please consider entering the contest.
Our Pet of the Month contest resumes in mid May. If you have a pet besides fish, we hope you enter that contest.

Last edited:
Congratulations!! I have never heard of a wrestling halfbeaks, but it is INCREDIBLE!!! Well deserved win!!!

Voting was going on for the last 12 days. You will see a banner at the top of the forums announcing the contests. Just click on it to view the contest.

Congrats on the win, Circus... ???
I love those wrestling halfbeaks as well. Got a group swimming overhere.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back