🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CaptainBarnicles

Moderate Pleco Tolerator
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I'd love some recommendations please. The first one I had died, the replacement I bought was Hygger brand and does the job really well, but its soooooo noisy! Doing my head in! I've tried repositioning it, turning it off and on, with suction cups, without suction cups...its got to go.

I'd like a small compact style, with a light to medium flow and it's got to be QUIET. I don't mind a low hum but not this rattling monstrosity!

Hey CB,
do you guys get Aqua one stuff where you are?
Its Chinese but its quite decent.
Their powerheads are cheap,reliable and nice and quiet.
Apparently,there is the occassional noisy one but ive never had that and ive purchased many Aqua One pumps (i suppose its like a lot of brands nowadays, the odd one isnt up to standard).
They have an adjustable flow rate too and a lot of them come with different output nozzles.
Here in Oz, i can buy a 300l/hr Aqua One pump for under $20 which is quite cheap.
If you dont mind spending money,the Ehiem Compacton powerhead is top notch and very quiet too.
They do a 300l/hr which sounds about what you're after (they also do a 600l/hr model).
You'd probably get Ehiem stuff a lot cheaper than we do (were ripped off so badly when it comes to big name brands.
Hope this helps BB.

I have a Koralia, I don't use it all the time as I put in extra filtration and a bubbler.
But when it is on, it is silent.
Completely. So much so, I forget it's on. And I don't own a TV, so there is no background noise to cover it.
My fish love the flow....and I love the quiet!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back