Cichlids? (and how's my new stocking idea sound?)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
hai

I was wondering if there were and colorful cichlids, or just cichlids IG I could keep in my 47-gallon tank?

New stocking idea : D
15 Bloodfins (currently 3)
10 Silvertips (currently 8ish)
8 Oto cats
pair of cichlids..?

Gh: 6
pH; 7.5
No2; 0
No3; 0

Tank size:
3'x2'x3'
or 37"x24"x37"
or 91.44cm x 60.96cm x 91.44cm

47 US gallons/177.914 Liters

Dwarf cichlids...

Have a look at Laetacara, Nannacara, Anomalochromis. They’re as chilled and peaceful as cichlids get and shouldn’t bother the other fish at all.
Any of these would work well as a small group, which could end up as a mated pair or two and you rehome the rest.

Also look at Keyhole Cichlids, Bolivian Rams, Nanochromis. All reasonably peaceful as a pair in that size tank, although you may get friction in a group which will upset the other residents.

Then there’s a few nice ones in the Kribensis genus (Pelvicachromis).

And there’s loads of Apistogramma species, some of which would work with your water.

or are you wanting something a bit bigger?

Is the tank 2ft high or 3ft high?

Last edited:
Dwarf cichlids...

Have a look at Laetacara, Nannacara, Anomalochromis. They’re as chilled and peaceful as cichlids get and shouldn’t bother the other fish at all.
Any of these would work well as a small group, which could end up as a mated pair or two and you rehome the rest.

Also look at Keyhole Cichlids, Bolivian Rams, Nanochromis. All reasonably peaceful as a pair in that size tank, although you may get friction in a group which will upset the other residents.

Then there’s a few nice ones in the Kribensis genus (Pelvicachromis). They’re the next gear up, aggression-wise.

And there’s loads of Apistogramma species, some of which would work with your water.

or are you wanting something a bit bigger?

Is the tank 2ft high or 3ft high?
Thanks a bunch :)
my tank is 3 ft high and 2 ft long, It's a pentagon, so hard measure.
I don't really care about the fish type size-wise, as long as it's not over 4''

A 3’ wide pentagon? That’s like a small lake to a dwarf cichlid. Half fill it with plants and branches and rocks and caves, loads of stuff for them to do, and they’ll love it.

Edit... oh it’s 2’ wide. My bad. Still plenty big enough for a pair. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back