Cichlid questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
What species of cichlid are you intending?

Jack Dempsey, African, Bumblebee African, or Convict cichlid.

None of those can go in a 29g with neons and otos.

Cichlids come from many different habitats and that means very different water parameters. Rift lake cichlids from Africa (which is I assume your "African") need much harder water than South American fish which need softer water. Jack Dempsey and Convict are very feisty aggressive-natured fish, and would need more space (as would a group of rift lake species).

@bettafishlover86 Byron is giving you solid advice.

Please make sure you do your due diligence before purchasing a fish. Using this forum is a great resource but definitely not the only - take the time to figure out what type of water matches with the fish you want, what size tank they can be in and discover is they are likely compatible.

@bettafishlover86 Byron is giving you solid advice.

Please make sure you do your due diligence before purchasing a fish. Using this forum is a great resource but definitely not the only - take the time to figure out what type of water matches with the fish you want, what size tank they can be in and discover is they are likely compatible.
oh I'm sorry

oh I'm sorry

No need for sorry, we all went through this learning curve. We are glad you are here asking the questions to learn, rather than doing something and then coming with questions why your fish are all dying.

Water parameters (GH, pH, temperature, and KH to a lesser degree) are crucial to fish health. As is the size of the tank, dimensions equally important to volume as the swimming habits of fish involve these,

oh I'm sorry
There is no need to apologize. This forum is here to help you; I'm attempting to do (maybe poorly) is to encourage you to do good research in addition to using the forum. That will significantly aid you in discovering what is best for your tank size and water parameters.

And on that research...there are sites that are reliable (not perfect note, but generally reliable), but there are many others that are far from reliable. Another big issue, sigh.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back