Cichlid Id Please

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tenxiong

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hello guy, I was wondering if you can ID this cichlid for me, here's the pic. Sorry it's kind of blurry.

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

thanks

Doesn't look like a pure breed cichlid. My inital guess would be Gold JD x Texas..not sure about the JD side..but Im sure there is Texas in there somewhere.

Looks like a very stressed out jewel cichlids. Give the fish a few more days to settle and in it's color should start to come out. post back just to be positive.
:D

looks like a tank bred colour morph of some sort of central american cichlid possibly a juwel.

yea i think it looks like a jewel... dunno y its white-pink tho...

Whatever it is, its beautiful

The reason why he's stress because I had to put him in a different tank for better lighting to get a clearer picture. Also, that is his original color.

That is weird... definitely not a jewel cichlid... give it some time to chill out and get some more pics.. hopefully clearer ones... It's cool looking though whatever it is.

looks to me like Thorichthys sp. 'Mixteco Gold'

:)

ps
looks like a tank bred colour morph of some sort of central american cichlid possibly a juwel.

jewels are West African, not Central American :)

Looks like a type of chromide or a red devil [NOT TO SHORE]

DO YOU HAVE A BETTER PIC Tenxiony :huh: :huh:

Hello guys, thanks for all the help so far, well here's some more pictures. This is in his natural environment.

P2070734.jpg

P2070733.jpg

Here's a pic and profile of Thorichthys sp. mixteco gold. the fish in the picture was my fish (I also wrote the profile) and was a male at about 4". I'd bet a 30 gallon tank that this is what you have. :)

Thanks for the info, and yeah he's in a 30 for temporary time until he's big enough to be in the 90 gallon.

That looks exactly like the one I saw a week or two ago and couldn't ID... whatever it is!

Looking across from my desk I have a tank of 3-4" Geophagus brasiliensis. The shape is pretty close as is are blue striations.( haven't done a finray count)
Has a leucistic form been bred?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back