Chunk of Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

JassyR

Reaction score
I recently added an adult anglefish to my 55 with my other 3 adults. I also have a pictus and pleco in there. Sadly, I woke up today to find a dime sized chunck missing out of my pictus. He has flesh and skin missing, but no organs exposed or gone. He gets scared when I come near, so I cant get a picture. I'm not really sure why this bully fish is picking on everyone else, but I assume it was him because my other adults have grown up with the pictus and have never had a problem with him. I don't know if I should put him, the pictus, down or what I should do with the big bully. Right now he is in the biggest rubbermaid I have (only a gallon) with a lid on top and a thin blanket wrapped around. The blanket seems to keep him calm. PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Keep on top of the water quality and maybe add a half dose of a bactericide or fungicide to prevent secondary infection and it should heal. I say should, because Pictus live in groups, and being on its own will keep it stressed. :)

Keep on top of the water quality and maybe add a half dose of a bactericide or fungicide to prevent secondary infection and it should heal. I say should, because Pictus live in groups, and being on its own will keep it stressed. :)
I planned on getting more, however, after this incident I dont know. And he is already turning a tinge yellow.... I worry that is a sign of infection already. And what should I do with him? I have no home for him to be in while he heals.

Ahh, yes, I didnā€™t read that carefully enough. It certainly needs a heater and filter. Itā€™s actually very risky adding adult Angels to an established group. It upsets the hierarchy, which will need to be re-hashed so they all know their place. It can also upset pair bonds. And Angels can be very nasty to other fish when theyā€™re ā€˜psyched upā€™ in that way.
Iā€™m not sure what you can do except set up another tank ASAP.

Thereā€™s a saying that I like because itā€™s very true. To keep more than one cichlid you need more than one tank, just in case.

This is why I hate angels and gourami for that matter ? absolute gits

I think 55g is too small for 4 adult angels to be honest , maybe a pair but if not bonded pair there could be territory issues , shocked that damage hasnā€™t been to an angel but itā€™s probably an eviction injury whilst they look for new territory

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back