Chunk of Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JassyR

Reaction score
I recently added an adult anglefish to my 55 with my other 3 adults. I also have a pictus and pleco in there. Sadly, I woke up today to find a dime sized chunck missing out of my pictus. He has flesh and skin missing, but no organs exposed or gone. He gets scared when I come near, so I cant get a picture. I'm not really sure why this bully fish is picking on everyone else, but I assume it was him because my other adults have grown up with the pictus and have never had a problem with him. I don't know if I should put him, the pictus, down or what I should do with the big bully. Right now he is in the biggest rubbermaid I have (only a gallon) with a lid on top and a thin blanket wrapped around. The blanket seems to keep him calm. PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Keep on top of the water quality and maybe add a half dose of a bactericide or fungicide to prevent secondary infection and it should heal. I say should, because Pictus live in groups, and being on its own will keep it stressed. :)

Keep on top of the water quality and maybe add a half dose of a bactericide or fungicide to prevent secondary infection and it should heal. I say should, because Pictus live in groups, and being on its own will keep it stressed. :)
I planned on getting more, however, after this incident I dont know. And he is already turning a tinge yellow.... I worry that is a sign of infection already. And what should I do with him? I have no home for him to be in while he heals.

Ahh, yes, I didn’t read that carefully enough. It certainly needs a heater and filter. It’s actually very risky adding adult Angels to an established group. It upsets the hierarchy, which will need to be re-hashed so they all know their place. It can also upset pair bonds. And Angels can be very nasty to other fish when they’re ‘psyched up’ in that way.
I’m not sure what you can do except set up another tank ASAP.

There’s a saying that I like because it’s very true. To keep more than one cichlid you need more than one tank, just in case.

This is why I hate angels and gourami for that matter ? absolute gits

I think 55g is too small for 4 adult angels to be honest , maybe a pair but if not bonded pair there could be territory issues , shocked that damage hasn’t been to an angel but it’s probably an eviction injury whilst they look for new territory

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back