Chubby Pleco aka pinball

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Negseven

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Love this fish, he/she wakes up at feeding time 6pm and if anyone gets in his way of the food they are bounced away, only noticed him trying to suck on the tank
BB25A2DB-C308-4902-8AD8-26E79458DF56.jpeg
7FA899E7-62EA-4BDC-99D5-B8CAE31A3016.jpeg
sides a couple of times, but he always slides down as he is too fat !

I love Plecos but won't have in my current tank as I use a course gravel substrate which would not be good for the critters. Instead I have gone to Panda Garra for my tank as they are MUCH better able to deal with gravel. The Pandas have the defined fins like a Pleco but the body type of a loach. They are active and don't spend as much time on the substrate.

Regardless each person has every right to like or to not like Plecos. Each person has the right to like or not like as they chose.

I would still hope that, even if one hates a Pleco, that person will still respect the beasties. They are amazing critters and unlike most fish. While not 100% true most don't even have scales having bone plates as a protective armor. They are just beautiful and unique beasties. They are dinosaurs of the fish world. In my humble opinion one just has to respect the fact that that the common pleco has been around for 75-100 million years.

I love Plecos but won't have in my current tank as I use a course gravel substrate which would not be good for the critters. Instead I have gone to Panda Garra for my tank as they are MUCH better able to deal with gravel. The Pandas have the defined fins like a Pleco but the body type of a loach. They are active and don't spend as much time on the substrate.

Regardless each person has every right to like or to not like Plecos. Each person has the right to like or not like as they chose.

I would still hope that, even if one hates a Pleco, that person will still respect the beasties. They are amazing critters and unlike most fish. While not 100% true most don't even have scales having bone plates as a protective armor. They are just beautiful and unique beasties. They are dinosaurs of the fish world. In my humble opinion one just has to respect the fact that that the common pleco has been around for 75-100 million years.
I'd get a young specimen and not one that's 100 million years old 😂

I'd get a young specimen and not one that's 100 million years old 😂
Sigh... I just must appreciate the longevity of this fish. If you happen to get a common Pleco there may be DNA that goes back a million years.

Like the critter as you like or don't but one just has to respect the history. With the bone plates instead of scales they are truly a late form of an aquatic dinosaur.

Some say that they should not still exist yet they do. I have to admit that it is a joy to me hat they are still here.

I'm REALLY curious as to why you hate the beasties. I['m not judging, just asking. I think this a fair question

Yes...everything! They're gross poop machines
Sigh... I just must appreciate the longevity of this fish. If you happen to get a common Pleco there may be DNA that goes back a million years.

Like the critter as you like or don't but one just has to respect the history. With the bone plates instead of scales they are truly a late form of an aquatic dinosaur.

Some say that they should not still exist yet they do. I have to admit that it is a joy to me hat they are still here.

I'm REALLY curious as to why you hate the beasties. I['m not judging, just asking. I think this a fair question
Captainbarnicles has caused Plecogate 😆😂🐠

They gross me out 😖 that horrible mouth and those beady eyes freak me out 🤷‍♀️ sorry, I just hate them! Don't get me started on the bristles 🤢🥴😱 they're the WORST

They gross me out 😖 that horrible mouth and those beady eyes freak me out 🤷‍♀️ sorry, I just hate them! Don't get me started on the bristles 🤢🥴😱 they're the WORST
they stick to your forhead, suck a hole in it and then .......

Hahahahaha. I love them too !!!

Few monts back I saw the Parancistrus for the first time. Really awesome fish !!!

Isn't it awesome !!! Jusy like sharks and crocs.

they stick to your forhead, suck a hole in it and then .......

Hahahahaha. I love them too !!!

Few monts back I saw the Parancistrus for the first time. Really awesome fish !!!
download.jpeg.jpg

Lots of fish species have been around for millions of years. Most marine fishes haven't changed since before the dinosaurs. There are fossils of fish that are almost identical to fish of today. The Coelacanth has been around for hundreds of millions of years and the Salamanderfish from the south-west of WA has been around since the dinosaur age.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back