Choosing a Sponge Filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

10 Tanks

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hello TFF. I've been using sponge filters in my fish tanks for quite a few years and found the course filters work the best. MaxxClean has a very good one. The courser filter is easier to clean, doesn't clog between cleanings and supplies good water movement that keeps oxygen mixed into the water. This type of filter won't trap fry or small fish like some of the HOBs can. I change half the water in my tanks every week and always squeeze out the filters. If you follow an aggressive water change routine, you won't need high end filtration equipment, because the filter will just be moving water that's already clean. You'll need an air pump to run the sponge and AquaMiracle has one of the best I've used.

10 Tanks

I love my AquaMiracle air pump. I got one with a lithium battery so it keeps going even if the power goes out.

I love my AquaMiracle air pump. I got one with a lithium battery so it keeps going even if the power goes out.
Hello sharkweek. Whoa! Smart thinking! We haven't had a serious power outage here in some years (knocking on wood). The AquaMiracle are so powerful, one will run several air stones as long as the tanks are set up next to one another.

10 Tanks

Hello sharkweek. Whoa! Smart thinking! We haven't had a serious power outage here in some years (knocking on wood). The AquaMiracle are so powerful, one will run several air stones as long as the tanks are set up next to one another.

10 Tanks
It's great. You can run it off a laptop or a portable charging battery. And it's portable. So if you ever need to transport the fish on a long trip, you can use that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back