Choosing a new Tank

Anonyfish

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new tank from completeaquatics.co.uk that is to go in to a sort of man cave room in my garden. This is all insulated and has heating, my main concern will be keeping it cool in the summer months.

I was looking to go for one of the following tanks;
- The Fluval Roma 240 litre- https://www.completeaquatics.co.uk/...uarium-and-cabinets/roma-240-tank-cabinet-oak
Included; Heater, Bluetooth LED lighting (I'm fairly sure it is the Aquasky lighting which I currently have and really enjoy) and the Fluval 307 External Filter

Or

- The aquaone oak style 230 litre aquarium - https://www.completeaquatics.co.uk/...uariums-cabinets/aqua-one-oak-style-230-combo
Included; Heater, LED Lighting (20w) and Ocellaris 850 External filter.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with these specific tanks, or another model by the same brand and a recommendation on which one to go for.

I am leaning towards the Fluval aquarium as I have read good reviews on there external filter, and as I mentioned I currently have the Aquasky light in another tank and I am really happy with it. I do however really like the look of the cabinet and lid of the aquaone aquarium.

I have already discussed stocking of this tank with @Fish4dawin on another thread of;
1x Angelfish
2x German Blue Ram (Already in another tank)
10-15x A larger Tetra such as Congo etc.
6-8x Corydora (Not sure what type yet)
6x Oto's.

This was for a larger tank however I think this was still work with one of the above tanks if I limit the number of Tetras to 12.

I just wanted add that Congo Tetra was more an example of size, I have read they are fin nippers so I wont be going for these with the Angelfish.

Iā€™m not sure about angels mixed with rams , dwarf cichlids are normally just as aggressive a full sized cichlids and often donā€™t realise they are dwarf lol

Iā€™m not sure about angels mixed with rams , dwarf cichlids are normally just as aggressive a full sized cichlids and often donā€™t realise they are dwarf lol
Iā€™ve done quite a bit of reading and it seems that theyā€™d be ok in a tank this size as they both occupy different areas and my Rams only get territorial when breeding.

Its a good point though and I would definitely watch for any aggression, and if there were any issues I can move the Rams back in to the tank they are currently in as I will keep this running.

one time i put a few clams in there, turned into live foods
one time i put a goldfish in there, turned into live food. i feel sorry for the goldfish...

The rams will be fine with the angles as they hang out in different levels of the tank.
I am looking to buy a new tank from completeaquatics.co.uk that is to go in to a sort of man cave room in my garden. This is all insulated and has heating, my main concern will be keeping it cool in the summer months.

I was looking to go for one of the following tanks;
- The Fluval Roma 240 litre- https://www.completeaquatics.co.uk/...uarium-and-cabinets/roma-240-tank-cabinet-oak
Included; Heater, Bluetooth LED lighting (I'm fairly sure it is the Aquasky lighting which I currently have and really enjoy) and the Fluval 307 External Filter

I have already discussed stocking of this tank with @Fish4dawin on another thread of;
1x Angelfish
2x German Blue Ram (Already in another tank)
10-15x A larger Tetra such as Congo etc.
6-8x Corydora (Not sure what type yet)
6x Oto's.
The fluval will probably be a good one to get. Also, Congo Tetras like harder water in the 200ppm range and yours is in the 100ppm range. Not criticisation just letting you know.

one time i put a few clams in there, turned into live foods
one time i put a goldfish in there, turned into live food. i feel sorry for the goldfish...
When you put rams in the tank? Maybe yours were a bit more aggressive and didn't tolerate new fish.

Oh. Poor goldfish. Was it a fancy one or like a feeder one.
feeder one got from a carnival when he was small we put him in a tuppaware but when he got bigger we got a 15 gal and then someone gave us chiclid fry and we couldnt just cull them. they died because some dumb kiddo turned on the fireplace. idk why might be just karma. feel sad for all the fish :((((((

The rams will be fine with the angles as they hang out in different levels of the tank.

The fluval will probably be a good one to get. Also, Congo Tetras like harder water in the 200ppm range and yours is in the 100ppm range. Not criticisation just letting you know.
Yes I have decided on the Fluval tank, I prefer the design and also the extras so going to go ahead with it.

I will definitely avoid the Congo tetras thanks for the heads up.

Yes I have decided on the Fluval tank, I prefer the design and also the extras so going to go ahead with it.

I will definitely avoid the Congo tetras thanks for the heads up.
Lemon or black neon tetras would be good tankmates. May I ask, will you be getting juvy angels or adults. I'd personally go with the juvys because they won't try to eat the smaller tetras.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back