Choose Your Favorite Driftwood Scape (Pics)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

What is your favorite arrangement?

• Arrangement 1

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Arrangement 2

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Arrangement 3

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Arrangement 4

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Arrangement 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arrangement 6

• Arrangement 7

• Arrangement 8

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

NeonBlueLeon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I am cycling a 20 long tank that will soon be a cory only tank.  I want some opinions of how to arrange my manzanita driftwood.  So far, I have settled on orienting it like roots.  So I've got 8 pictures to choose from, but other suggestions are welcome!

I've also got a bunch of plants coming as well.  So far, I have corkscrew vals, dwarf sag, Crinum calamistratum.  Later on, I'd like to add some crypts and (space permitting) a red tiger lotus.  I also have duckweed and frogbit that I'll be throwing on top.  There is a soil bed under the sand.

Anyway, here are the arrangements:

Arrangement 1:

Arrangement 2:

Arrangement 3:

Arrangement 4:

Arrangement 5:

Arrangement 6:

Arrangement 7:

Arrangement 8:

I reckon you should get another bit of wood like that, then Have one in position 4 and the other in reverse position 4 on the right side. :)

I like #2 as it looks like it just fell there i.e. Natural. Will look great covered in Java Fern and Moss (not Java Moss).

Have you tried it the other way up at all i.e. The large part at the bottom? Sometimes, the wood can look interesting that way up, yet I guess for Cories you want it the way it is for them.

Have you considered an external heater?

RCA's reasoning is the same reason I voted for #2 :)

Are you going to attach any plants to the wood?

I would put it in front of the heater and filter to hide it a little.

Option 4, but on the right hand side of the tank for reasons stated by star4

Thank you everyone for voting, and for the feedback!

TallTree01 said:
I reckon you should get another bit of wood like that, then Have one in position 4 and the other in reverse position 4 on the right side.
smile.png
I'll look into that, actually.  It looks pretty neat (when I picture it in my mind). :)

RCA said:
Have you tried it the other way up at all i.e. The large part at the bottom? Sometimes, the wood can look interesting that way up, yet I guess for Cories you want it the way it is for them.
I actually have a piece almost exactly alike in a 30 gallon tank that is oriented like you described.  It looks really neat actually, but I wanted to do something different for this tank.  Spice things up, ya' know? :)

Ninjouzata said:
Are you going to attach any plants to the wood?
Yes, I might do anubias nana and/or flame moss.  Sorry RCA, I'm not a fan of java fern. :)

star4 said:
I would put it in front of the heater and filter to hide it a little.
Fear not the eye sore that is the heater and the filter.  My plan is to curtain that side of the tank with vallis. :)

I'd go for either 4 or 7...don't know why, but they just look better to me.

I'd go with 4. You could put some larger plants on the right side which would balance the tank nicely.

I wouldnt choice any of them.....for me the wood would be put on the right side and used to help hid the hardware......some nice crested or needle leaf java fern and anubias to help with the hiding

Hmm, if i have to choose, I'd go for no.6 arrangement but there has to be something on the other side to offset this and hide the filter intake and the heater or better yet, get a external inline heater, then much a cleaner look inside the tank, thats my opinion is all ;)

LOTS of options for a tank like this, play around with arrangements and a bit of imaginations, bet you can do wonders :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back