Choices Choices Choices

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

water_boy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 60L tank and im wondering what would be the best algae eater to move in to it to suit the environment? It has gravely/stone, planted tank with some ocean rock.

Any suggestions are greatly received, thank you

Hi, I have a 60L tank and im wondering what would be the best algae eater to move in to it to suit the environment? It has gravely/stone, planted tank with some ocean rock.

hi please do not get a chineese algae eater or a golden sucking loach as when they get older they will attack ur fish and prob kill them.alot of people have this problem with them.i have a 60lt tank and just have a albino cory in it and ive no probs with algae.i hope this helps u.there alot of experts on here so im sure they can give u more of a idea wot to get.

how about some otocinclus? or a smallplec like a pitbull?

my gf has an otto in her tank theyr good but was looking for something cooler looking :rolleyes:

Never heard of a pitbull before (but i am a newbie) what are they like?

my gf has an otto in her tank theyr good but was looking for something cooler looking :rolleyes:

like a larger otocinclus and a brown/beige in colour. also corys wont eat algae as stated above.....

hi please do not get a chineese algae eater or a golden sucking loach as when they get older they will attack ur fish and prob kill them.alot of people have this problem with them.i have a 60lt tank and just have a albino cory in it and ive no probs with algae.i hope this helps u.there alot of experts on here so im sure they can give u more of a idea wot to get.

thank you for the advice :good: will definitely steer clear of those then

like a larger otocinclus and a brown/beige in colour. also corys wont eat algae as stated above.....

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_Parotocinclus_jumbo.php

Ah very good, i like the look of those pitbulls very much...adding it to wishlist now :D

Are they very common?

Ah very good, i like the look of those pitbulls very much...adding it to wishlist now :D

Are they very common?
they should be available at the lfs if not easily ordered :good:

Are they very common?
they should be available at the lfs if not easily ordered :good:

awesome, ill take the name with me to ensure i get the correct one :good:

thank you for your assistance :thanks:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back