Chocolate Gourami's

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tonym

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Brought myself 6 chocolate gouramis today fingers crossed they dont all die on me. spent the last hour drip aclimitising them. hopefully they will be ok as there the only fish in the tank and the tank is very established and i have lowered the ph to house them the guy in the shop said they were in a ph of 5.1!!!! mine is 6.

Its an 80 litre tank there the only thing in there they look a bit lost in there to be honest as there only 1.5 inches.

sorry i edited that i thought it said choc cichlids...one of those days!!
rolleyes.gif

i'll leave it a couple of days before pics although they have coloured up and are swimming about.

Trying to get some pictures for you all but there being very shy today. I will leave the camera by the tank and as soon as i can get a decent enough pic i will post it.

There doing well though all six are still alive (fingers crossed) and they are swimming about (when im not trying to take a picure that is).

Thanks

Tony

Ive finally managed to get a half decent picture after lots of trying.

P1010633.jpg

I think the main one in the picture is a female as it has a rounded dorsil fin.

saw these at my LFS at the weekend. Was tempted, but having just read how sensitive they are I think I'll give them a miss!

good luck with them, they look great.

Still got all six of them.
:X Lucky you.I lost 2 Chocolate gouramis, due to Internal bacteria which I totally forgot about. It was my error. -_- Do your Chocolate Gouramis eat flake food B-)

They didnt at first, they werent to fond of it it took them about 2 weeks till they were eating dry foods. I give them hikari micro pellets or tetra colour pro. and some frozen food a couple times a week.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back