FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Vin Swords

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Chinese%20Hi%20Fin%20Shark.jpg

post-2169-1142343125_thumb.jpg

anyone actually have this?

I think they're gorgeous! I don't have one though; I don't have the resources to keep 3 foot long fish (unfortunately).

don't think these are allowed to be inported into the UK now they look like a giant poo when fully grown so pretty nice fish as youngsters

they look like a giant poo when fully grown

:lol:

Yes, I think they're banned in the UK; just as well really; as a coldwater fish there's every chance thay could breed if released into the wild over here :crazy:

I still like them though :)

No desire to ever keep them, but I have seen them in the US. Its certainly one of those fish that get less appealing as they get older

Im pretty sure i have seen them on availability lists (doesnt always mean they are legal to the UK). I always thought they were a bit odd looking and too big and tbh i resent selling normal clown loaches, let alone anything like this to people who have a tank more than capable of housing the fish for a year or two and 'promise to get a bigger tank next year' but despite my educated guess that i will see the fish again in a year or two... i have to sell them...

funny enough i posted about these a couple of weeks ago

They aren't too hard to get in some places in Canada and the US - even some major chains sell them. I have only seen a full grown one once, but obviously only young tiny ones are usually sold in stores. They really do get huge, so I'm not sure how many people would want to invest that large of a tank on them.

I agree that they look much nicer as youngsters!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back