Chilling on the couch...

Growing up, parrots and parakeets spelled disaster. I remember when hearing them approach the farm, we all had to run out and collect the clean laundry from the drying line, otherwise all buttons would be targets. Under the line, one could see all sorts of cracked buttons left over from the siege. Not fond of caged birds either.

Growing up, parrots and parakeets spelled disaster. I remember when hearing them approach the farm, we all had to run out and collect the clean laundry from the drying line, otherwise all buttons would be targets. Under the line, one could see all sorts of cracked buttons left over from the siege. Not fond of caged birds either.
It's a good thing that we don't always prefer the same animals. That would be boring. I know even friends of mine that dislike birds. Well, while growing up we had a problem with crows and ravens that chose the washing lines of ours and the neighbours to sit on. Not really fun if you're hanging your washed clothes and then the birds would fly in and sit on those washing lines and dirty your clothes again.

Haha, I do not dislike birds. On the contrary, I love watching them! I just can't imagine living with one. The memories of the button brigade are fun ones, even though it did not feel fun at the time ;)

I hope it wasn't the parrot I had years ago that flew away. I had a solom island electucs parrot beautiful bird and cost me around $800.00. I was warned about keeping its wings clipped, but I failed to do so. I walked outside with it riding on my shoulder when it flew away, I never saw it again... I felt so dumb...:mad:

Most reactions

trending

Back