Cherry Shrimps & Fry

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

its not the size that concerns me its the waste they produce, i know that even tiny ones produce waste as i have bred them before, and putting them in a 8 gal will risk stunting there growth

its not the size that concerns me its the waste they produce, i know that even tiny ones produce waste as i have bred them before, and putting them in a 8 gal will risk stunting there growth

As soon as they are a little bigger I will put them in my bigger tank, At the moment they are in a breeder net, surely it better they have a tank instead of the net?

why are they in the breeder though, i had newborns of 1/2 cm in with a big female sorwdtail and a common plec of at least a foot long yet none of them got eaten, i really can't see sshrimp eating fry so if i was you i would let the plecs out of the breeder jsut provide them with lots of hiding places and small gaps and they should be fine, i hate using breeders for guppy fry let alone plecs :crazy:

Well this is why I have purchased my new tank, Because at the moment all my fry are in a net! I have just got to get the new tank up and running. I dont like the net any more then you do, but having never had really tiny BN's (I didnt breed them) I want to know where they were, as Im still adjusting my fluval tank. Once they get a bit bigger I will move them.

i understand your worry with them being so small, what do you feed them and how often?

Hiya,

Currently I give them one algae pellet a day, some cucumber every so often, and some very small frozen bugs, that I can't remember the name of right now!! Typical!!! and I suppose they also eat what I feed my fry. (fry food)

I'm going to get my new tank going tonight on some of my fish tank water and fresh water 50/50 and a squeeze to get it started.

use some of the gravel and media sponge form your other tank and theres no need to cycle, check the levels after 24-48 hours and if all good i see no reason why you can't move them

use some of the gravel and media sponge form your other tank and theres no need to cycle, check the levels after 24-48 hours and if all good i see no reason why you can't move them

Hi,

Thanks for that, will let you kow how I get on.

Becky

Cherry shrimp and molly fry are fine together. I had about 5 adult cherries in my molly tank hoping the newborn shrimplets would be a tasty snack for the mollies I was trying to breed. The molly momma gave birth to 40 babies 2 days after arriving and was moved to a bigger tank. The baby mollies are co-habiting with adult and baby cherries with no problems. At worst the mollies occassionally get annoyed by a shrimp landing on them.

I've never heard of cherries molesting ANY fish, no matter how small.

Most reactions

trending

Back