Cherry shrimp on the surface at night

terrypin

Reaction score
My cherry shrimp are on the surface in my plants when I look in the tank in the morning. they seem lively enough sink down during the day after I feed my fish then have started to return late afternoon. I am still finding shrimp fry when I do water changes so I hope the colony is healthy.

My cherry shrimp are on the surface in my plants when I look in the tank in the morning. they seem lively enough sink down during the day after I feed my fish then have started to return late afternoon. I am still finding shrimp fry when I do water changes so I hope the colony is healthy.
There is food in the plant roots. mine are in there all the time.

Mine are all over the place
Except when they get their cookies!
(algae wafers)

My shrimp like being in my floating plants too, I wanted to try a frog bit plant with them but the LFS can not order it by law.

Shrimp are nocturnal and will move around the tank at night looking for food. In the morning when it gets light, they retreat to the safety of plants.

Thank you for all the replies I was hoping they were happy in the tank have had them a few months at first I thought they had just disappeared and been eaten. Over the last month I have been seeing more adults in the tank and when I do water changes I have to check the bucket with a light to see any fry and rescue them, often 5 or 6 in a bucket. I hope this means they are happy with the water since they are breeding. You have put my mind at rest though about them sitting in the plants my tank is very heavily planted.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back