Cherry shrimp and nerite snails wanted

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

LostBear

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hello - just getting a new tank established after several decades, and would like a couple of cherry shrimp and nerite snails to act as "bin men" in the tank. The tank is 64l, and is settled well with 6 x glowlights and 6 x neons We intend to add another 6 neons. If you are in the Gateshead/Newcastle area and have a few shrimps/nerites for sale or to re-home, I'd love to hear from you with some details of price etc. It's small tank so I only want a few (perhaps 3) of each if you are prepared to sell small quantities.

Thanks.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you have a Maidenhead Aquatics near you? They are opening again, though with restrictions such as you have to stand 2 metres back from the tank while they catch your fish. But the ones near me do stock shrimps.

The trouble with buying on-line is that over night delivery is often several days at the moment.

Do you have a Maidenhead Aquatics near you? They are opening again, though with restrictions such as you have to stand 2 metres back from the tank while they catch your fish. But the ones near me do stock shrimps.

The trouble with buying on-line is that over night delivery is often several days at the moment.
Yes - I worry about delivery times when you are dealing with living creatures.

Even if they don't die, the stress on their little systems can be immense.

I think there's a Maidenhead Aquatics in our local Dobbies.

My nearest MA is in Dobbies in Eaglescliffe; but I preferred the one in Strikes at Stokesley. It has been slowly restocking after it reopened after the fire, last time I was there in January it was almost back to what it was.

But from choice I use Aquatic Finatic just south of Northallerton. That has been running deliveries to local addresses or a 'phone and collect' service on the doorstep.

The fire at strikes was tragic, all those huge koi that died in it, so sad it was my favourite place to go when I was younger.

I was appalled when I saw the local news that day :-(

At least it’s somewhat back to how it was, but it will never be the same :sad:

I would love to give you some cherry shrimp, but we live an ocean apart. :(

Thank you, Phoenix.

I am thrilled to accept your virtual shrimp - of course, you could send them on a magical undersea quest - "Finding LostBear".

I will wait to hear the gentle tap of their flagella against the letterbox . . .
I really do wish I lived closer, I have a colony of over 60 cherry shrimp in my 29g.

One of my best males, is the one in my profile picture. :)

I too could offer you some, but I'm not sure that Tyneside to Teesside is allowed yet, nor coming into my house to collect them. We could of course have a clandestine meeting somewhere and I could hand you a bag when no-one was looking :ninja:

I really do wish I lived closer, I have a colony of over 60 cherry shrimp in my 29g.

One of my best males, is the one in my profile picture. :)
He's gorgeous! What is the plant he is on? It's nice and ferny.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back