Chelsea

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bennett

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
are very naughty. their antics yesterday proved so.

also brian robson was quite generous saying robben was a bit harshly done by, he wasn't going for the ball, caught the man and went in with two feet. automatic red and firing squad in my book

I love the irony with Jose blasting Barcelona's players for play acting after Robbens oscar performance getting Reina sent off and Drogba is the only forward in the country that is a bigger cheat than the horse at Man Ure.

I can't hate them though, they play some great football and they have some great players, most of whom are not cheats, Cech, Lampard, Terry, Cole, Makelele, Duff, Gudjohnsen, Wright-Phillips even Crespo to name a few.

Arfie

I love the irony with Jose blasting Barcelona's players for play acting after Robbens oscar performance getting Reina sent off and Drogba is the only forward in the country that is a bigger cheat than the horse at Man Ure.

I can't hate them though, they play some great football and they have some great players, most of whom are not cheats, Cech, Lampard, Terry, Cole, Makelele, Duff, Gudjohnsen, Wright-Phillips even Crespo to name a few.

Arfie

I Agree

i partly disagree with you saying they have bought the premiership yes they have spent hundreds of millions since the arrival of adramovich but take a look at their best players

lampard pre abramovich
cole pre abramovich
terry pre abramovich
gudgohnson pre abamovich

lampard and terry practically one the premiership last season by themselves

cole pre abramovich
Nope, Joe Cole was bought with Abramovich cash.

Whilst I agree that Terry (who was from their academy by the way and not bought in) and Lampard were their most consistant players, they won nothing together before Abramovish splashed the cash and bought this little lot to go with them:

THE ABRAMOVICH-ERA SIGNINGS
Didier Drogba £24m
Ricardo Carvalho £19.9m
Damien Duff £17m
Hernan Crespo £16.8m
Claude Makelele £16.6m
Adrian Mutu £15.8m
Juan Sebastian Veron £15m
Paulo Ferreira £13.2m
Arjen Robben £12m
Scott Parker £10m
Tiago £8m
Wayne Bridge £7m
Petr Cech £7m
Geremi £7m
Joe Cole £6.6m
Glen Johnson £6m
Mateja Kezman £5m
Alexei Smertin £3.4m
Jiri Jarosik £3m *
(* Estimated fee)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL COST £213.3M

This list is a bit old as it doesn't even have Essien on it.

So yeah, they may have bought the premiership, but no more than Man Ure did as the richest club in the world, or Blackburn did or even how Liverpool did throughout the 70's and 80's, the top clubs usually have the most money and can attract the best players, who will come for both the money and the chance of winning things.

Arfie

aye thats true i suppose but they have took buying the premiership to new extremes and i just feel the league is predictable now well at leat the top end

aye thats true i suppose but they have took buying the premiership to new extremes and i just feel the league is predictable now well at leat the top end
It is, but no more so than when Man Yoo were either top or a very close 2nd in the 90's or Liverpool in the 70's and 80's. It's upto the rest of us to find a way to catch upto them.

Arfie

To but it in a differenct context though... all they've done is what Manchester United + Arsenal have done over the last few decades... Man U and Arsenal have probably spent an awful lot of money as well, the only difference is... Chelski have done it all in one go.

they are out :lol: suppose they went further than united :(
that was no way a penalty terry kicked puyol and fell to ground panzee :lol:

Didn't bother watching it, I had a feeling it was going to be quite a dull match.

Part of me is happy that they are out, but I do like to see British teams doing well in Europe (I even cheered the Scum in 1999). Sounds like Rangers were unlucky too.

So on to tonight, Lets have a goal from Nando (he owes us a few) one from Gerrard and one form Fowler for good luck, which I think we'll need cos I think Benfica will score. Another goal form Henry to send Arsenal through and it will be a good day :D

I also think that Lyon, Milan and Inter will go through and I think that will mean that all the teams drawn at home for the 1st leg, will have won :huh:

Arfie

Well I was nearly right :S they did score, just we had more chance of platting fog than scoring one let alone 3 tonight. At least I got the other predictions right, not that its any consolation :(

Well, just think how good Liverpool will be with a striker who can actually score goals :hyper: break the bank and buy schevchenko :D and bring on domination mwahahahaha

Arfie *off to get medication*

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back