Check This Out!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
There here...Pet Smart is now carrying the glowBettas. Along with a lovely 3 gallon glo tank for it.Ugh!
BC7BE134-E459-4A29-A568-82F41AC4AAD2.png

When you think about it it’s better to have globettas than a fish that needs to be in groups of 6+ and a tank of at least 20 gallons, because they sell 3 gallon tanks for the danios, Tiger barbs, skirt tetras, sharks also. So it’s better to have the employees recomend a glo betta for your 3 gal then a glo shark. I think they are ugly though. But it might be cool to have a sorority of them.

I heard about these bettas a few days ago. It really makes me mad because GloFish is making these bettas (and the other glofish) look like toys, which will promote bad fish care. What really annoys me about this though, is that, through these globettas, they are now selling globetta fish flakes, globetta water conditioner, globetta tank ornaments, globetta gravel, and globetta tanks. For the inexperienced people buying these fish, they will see all these products and think they have to buy them, which just makes GloFish richer, which in turn, helps them create more freaks of nature. They are completely disregarding the well being of these fish, just to make money. :mad:

I just left Pet Smart and you’re right. Whole shelf of glo betta supplies and food right above the tanks. The bettas weren’t even pretty. Plain betta that looks green. So sad.

And I believe they're about $10 more than a regular healthy normal Beta.

It's a sad day, :( I wish that they would find ways to improve the health of the fish not just play with the colors. Work on making fish better able to handle hard or soft water would be great.
I agree, they just want money. It's like those balloon fish thing.

This whole GloFish thing is just dumb. Fish are beautiful amazing creatures on their own without being modified to be "prettier" and unhealthy:(

It really is awful. At least they aren't being injected like some others but they still are unhealthy and probably miserable

I give the glo betta a one year life span at the most. The list above s excellent. Bubble eye goldfish are so sad as are pearl scales. I’m surprised they didn’t make the list.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back