Check Out My New Betta Tank and Cycling Opinion

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishGuest5123

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Reaction score
I had ordered this for my betta, Tai but sadly, he didnā€™t get to see it. It came in today so I decided to set it up and get it cycled. It looks a little lonely without a fish but the right one will come along. Iā€™ve wanted a black crowntail for a long time so maybe Iā€™ll find one. I donā€™t usually go for red gravel but with a black betta, it should be cool. Eventually, a smaller cave and a larger plant in back. Baby steps. I donā€™t want anything that resembles Tai. He was one of a kind. :)
E861DA3C-1EC8-4A32-9E10-457CB0B7E619.jpeg
833C8F66-FB68-41BE-8C6B-8DB6B59B5375.jpeg

Last edited:
Question... Iā€™m cycling with seeded media. This means tank will probably be cycled in a couple if days. Once completed, would you use ammonia or fish food to feed it until I get a fish? I usually just use a little fish food but it could be a week or so before I add a beta this time. I donā€™t want it to get to grimey. Suggestions?

Last edited:
Why not add a fish from one of your other tanks as a temporary resident and feed normally?
Do you really have that tank right nect to a modem/router?

Why not add a fish from one of your other tanks as a temporary resident and feed normally?
Do you really have that tank right nect to a modem/router?
I do. My Hubble already scolded me for it. :( The modem is on a plastic stand to protect it from water. Weā€™ll have to see how the tank affects the modem reception. So far, so good.

Last edited:
I do. My Hubble already scolded me for it. :( The modem is on a plastic stand to protect it from water. Weā€™ll have to see how the tank affects the modem reception. So far, so good.
This might be a good excuse to get another tank and buy 2 fish from the same breeder / spawning. All in the name of science. Don't believe I have ever seen any research into the affects of long term exposure to RF radiation on fish :fish:

This might be a good excuse to get another tank and buy 2 fish from the same breeder / spawning. All in the name of science. Don't believe I have ever seen any research into the affects of long term exposure to RF radiation on fish :fish:
Lol! I think itā€™s more the affect on the modem, not the fish. The tank by The microwave probably has more of a risk. Running out of room!

Lol! I think itā€™s more the affect on the modem, not the fish. The tank by The microwave probably has more of a risk. Running out of room!
Yeah, I was thinking more of a splash during a water change...zzzzzzz (What happened to Deanasue....she hasn't been on the forum recently?)
:dunno:

If you only knew the things Iā€™ve done. Always fishing one air pump out of a puddle of water still plugged in. Lol! :hyper:

If you only knew the things Iā€™ve done. Always fishing one air pump out of a puddle of water still plugged in. Lol! :hyper:
As with all TF Hobbyists, really should invest if GFI outlets, even if they're plug-ins. "The life you save could be your own."

I use surge protected power strips, I also have several GFI outlets in the house. Always turn off the power to the tank before doing anything with it. I also have an AT&T router :)

As with all TF Hobbyists, really should invest if GFI outlets, even if they're plug-ins. "The life you save could be your own."
Fortunately for me, my home came with them.

Most of mine are plugged into the kitchen outlets. However, my house is relatively new and our city codes are very tough. We have ground fault plugs and breakers. Each room is also required to have at least 6 outlets. I do use surge protectors too in my den.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back