Cheap Heaters?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lozzles

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I live in england and wold love to keep multiple bettas but i worry the water is too cool not in with a heater. any one have any ideas on where to buy cheap heaters or heat water cheaply!
thanks

I buy mine from Ebay, I have the hydor mini heaters for the acrylic tanks and 50 watts for all the other tanks. They are so much cheaper than buying from the shops. :good:

The hydor mini heaters are unsafe. They just heat & don't switch off.

You can buy small heaterstats for a similar price which will keep temperatures stable.

im also in the south. have my bettas in little critter keepers. they are unheated and unfiltered. just make sure they're in warm part of house and if unfiltered u keep eye on water qaulity.

where r u from my the way?

Ok the Hydors don't have thermostats but they only raise the water temp a little more than adequate for a 2 gallon plus they are ideal for small acrylic tanks where you can't get a thermostatically controlled heater into.

But then it is all down to taste, I've never had problems with them and there is no problem with the fish getting stuck behind them. :D

8) my bettas seem to play with the mini heaters whereas they threaten the glass ones . :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Back