Cheap Glass Lily Pipes?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
Anyone got any links to some cheap glass lily pipes that fit 16mm filter tubing, please?

They'll be used on a TetraTec EX 1200 external filter.

Cheers,
George

Tried the usual places?

These are available from a seller who's just seemingly started. He also sells ADA stuff. I just bought some diffusers and a glass bubble counter with stop valve. Arrived today and I'm happy with them. Postage was a little OTT though :rolleyes:

Aquatic Magic have the "Flo" ones, but after postage and conversion it only works out a few pounds cheaper than AE really.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
George

With you being registered on APC I'm sure you will get a much cheaper price from AquaticMagic than is seen on Ebay.

Not sure wether they do 17mm pipes. You would need to ask

AE have started selling some that are cheaper than the CAL and ADA ones. I'm sure you get discount there too. lol

Andy

ebay item 250162179164 @£18.73, but its 13mm. Could try to search through his other stuff...

I debated the eBay stuff myself but went for AE in the end though mine are 12mm - eBay seems to be the cheapest option, the Flo lily pipes seem pretty well priced, the 12mm worked out ~£28 inc. delivery so I guess the 16mm (which may be sold as 17mm) will be a little more.

Like Andy says, AquaticMagic via APC could be your best bet. the more stuff you buy from there, the more bargaining power you have. I`m not too keen on the ball at the bottom of the inlet, though. You may want to get Eheim item No. 4004570 12mm - 16mm brush in the link below for cleaning the pipe internal surfaces. It does a great job on my Cal Aqua glass.

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalogue...ing-brushes.asp

Dave.

I bought that brush after your advice Dave and used it on the Lily pipes on Sunday. Works great. Many Thanks for the tip.

As for the ball on the end of the Flo Pipes, I like it although once in the tank it is well hidden.

As for bargaining power on these from Aquatic Magic. They come from a different place so when I just placed my bulk order of plants, diffusor and Flo Pipes, the pipes are coming seperately to the rest. He is charging me the same price for them as per the 'expired' offer on APC though which as always is in dollars. AM divided by 2.

This is the second and third post on the thread:

Post 2 - 'any chance of you guys carrying the larger set, equal to P-6 17mm and V-7 17mm in the next few months?'
Post 3 - 'Yes! Stay tune =) Cheers, Mike'

This was in June so maybe they are stocked now? Will need to pm him I suppose.

Andy

Here's another seller

ebay seller

The intake pipe from aquaticmagic is pretty, well, not pretty putting it kindly, the intake length on these pipes look a bit short though at 24cm for a large tank (or are they? not sure of the normal length here)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Completely off topic, George, but thanks for putting the banner for the broken covenant campaign in your sig.

This is something I feel strongly about, but did not even know the campaign existed. Now I do.

Completely off topic, George, but thanks for putting the banner for the broken covenant campaign in your sig.

This is something I feel strongly about, but did not even know the campaign existed. Now I do.
You're welcome.

A good friend, and fellow serviceman (we're in the RAF), gt568, had it originally.

Whether or not one agrees with our presence Iraq, Afgan etc. I think it's important to support our troops.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back