Cheap Diffuser

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Go for the cheaper, better looking option... ceramic diffusers, they look great. Just broke mine so need to buy another :angry:

ashamedly, I was dazzled by the glitter and now have to say all that glitters is definitely not gold or dry!. Thinking about getting some pvc cement to permanently seal the joins as like the idea and going to get some return for my pennies but even hooking it up to an Eheim Aquaball 2006 (the smallest one) means a steady trickle of water out the seams- as guppy man says go for the ceramic ones though the postage is ludicrous and joining tube on the glass is very flimsy- but then again I do have 10 thumbs and as delicate as a herd of elephants when I get new loot through the post. But ceramics works fine with my DIY (1 1/2 litres, also worked with Hagen reactor)

Have you thought about hooking an eheim air venturi diffuser/nozzle and hooking your CO2 through air inlet- I'm new myself to posting so experimenting that way- my JBL dkh solution seems to be getting on or around that green colour better for me than using the Hagen Diffuser - think that's more about the the bubbles being transported (blasted) by the filter output- with the hagen one, though I did enjoying watching the bubbles and it did seem to me they were getting smaller so some CO2 getting in , but the vast amount still seemed to be concentrated to the area around the diffuser same with ceramic for that matter and the bubbles always went up meaning the majority seemed to be going straight up and out- I ended up resting a Chinese carton full of filter floss on the mag float and spraybar which seem to prevent it leaving immediately and now playing at scientist hahahaha again by trying "The Golden Palace's" emmersed culture

I do have 10 thumbs and as delicate as a herd of elephants when I get new loot through the post.

That made me chuckle :lol:
I have a ceramic diffuser set up under my tiger-lilies, so that the bubbles get caught under the leaves giving more time for diffusion - looks quite cool too

postage is ludicrous and joining tube on the glass is very flimsy-

I don't think you can complain about the postage prices really. You can get 2 diffusors including shipping off ebay for £6-7 buy it now these days. then that means you have 1 spare to swap in weekly.

So many people have spoken about flimsyness yet I have had my Rhinox for over a year and I quite literally manhandle it. I'm not the most patient person when trying to remove hose/pipes wether it be from Lily pipes, diffusors etc. lol

If you struggle then dip the end of the line in the kettle (after it has boiled) for 10-20 secs and try again. should be much softer for a minute or 2.

AC

postage is ludicrous and joining tube on the glass is very flimsy-

I don't think you can complain about the postage prices really. You can get 2 diffusors including shipping off ebay for £6-7 buy it now these days. then that means you have 1 spare to swap in weekly.

So many people have spoken about flimsyness yet I have had my Rhinox for over a year and I quite literally manhandle it. I'm not the most patient person when trying to remove hose/pipes wether it be from Lily pipes, diffusors etc. lol

If you struggle then dip the end of the line in the kettle (after it has boiled) for 10-20 secs and try again. should be much softer for a minute or 2.

AC

Maybe you're right, I got a couple of diffusers, a glass checker and the aforementioned and ended up more than doubling the what I thought was a bit of harmless ebay fun- but aye don't want to sound too much of a grouch and the ceramics are just the job so maybe works out for just them.

Oh learned now before I touch I've got to step back - think about what I'm doing- and knack with the glass for me was to twist it off rather than pull

Take it easy now

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back