Chaunna Bleheri

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AquaJason

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I saw some rainbow snakeheads(Chaunna bleheri) in my lfs many weeks back and thought nothing of them because I automatically assumed they would grow big, plus I had my mind on Chaunna orientailis, hopefully one day. Although just read that the rainbow snakehead only grows 8inch max is this true, what do you think of them? and what do you believe is a suitable tank size for one.

Its only about 3.5inch max at the moment, just really curious about them tbh.
Thanks

where are they cos Im after some dwarf channa ideally orientalis as well

Ive been searching for channa for ages, Im just going to pay the 40 quid and get one, cant wait no longer.

where are they cos Im after some dwarf channa ideally orientalis as well

Blaydon Exotics, in Gateshead(up in the northeast) has Channa Bleheri or rainbow cichlids although new stock coming from Indonesia next week, As Singapore is shut down for the Chinese new year.

its just the silly prices now that put me off what Ive seen for sale, they should never be that price

its just the silly prices now that put me off what Ive seen for sale, they should never be that price

Yeah your right, I think the one I saw was between 20-30quid
Its not just snak heads, its all other fish species too :l

Yeah your right, I think the one I saw was between 20-30quid
Its not just snak heads, its all other fish species too :l

Always worth trying Wharf Aquatics in Nottingham, they have a lot of predatory and oddball fish

I paid £12.95 for my dwarf snakehead (bleheri) at 3 inches from trimar. They are based in cornwall in the u.k but also have a website with a full stock list and prices (trimar.co.uk) and do next day (between 8am - 12) mail orders to mainland u.k for £12 odd. They have a good range of fish - colwater, tropical and marine. They also do reptiles. Very good service too.

Wildwoods in Enfield have about 20species of snakeheads from big ones to smaller species but there extremely expensive ranging from £30 - £150

if you looking for a smaller snakehead to keep i know someone that will send you them by post and he often does them incredibly cheap i bought 4 channa stewarti cf barca off him for £42 including postage,

www.thesnakeheadforum.com

hes on there his names rob and hes the moderator of the forum i think

cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back