Charterhouse Aquatics Dodgy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

cybergibbons

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I contacted Charterhouse Aquatics last Monday to check if some items were in stock, and was told they were, and that they would be delivered before Christmas (because they were a present). I was told that it may arrive either Tuesday or Wedsnesday - I was working from home on the Tuesday and took Wednesday off to be safe. When the stuff didn't arrive on Tuesday, I called the couriers (Lee Couriers) to confirm that they would be delivered the next day.

End of Wedneday, and no sign, so I called up, and was told there had been some kind of problem. The person said that the package would be delivered on the pre-1030 service the next morning.

By lunchtime the next day, it hadn't arrived and I had to leave. No answer at the couriers phone number. So that's two days off work waiting for a delivery.

I got through on Tuesday morning, and arranged for delivery the next day (Wednesday). The guy didn't inspire confidence, as he didn't really seem to confirm the postcode or name.

It's now the end of Wednesday, and it's still not turned up. I've tried contacting both parties several times today, with no success. Three days off work for absolutely no reason.

I wouldn't be so bothered if they'd communicated to me it would be delayed, but that's 3 days of holiday I can't get back. Are they dodgy or normally this bad?

Charter house aquatics are top notch, and I would hazard a guess as to say that the problem lies with the couriers, ring them tomorrow if they don't get in touch, failing that ring charter aquatics and tell them that you will not put the phone down until they have contacted the couriers to ask what is going on. Are you sure they have the correct address? Also make sure that they have dispatched the items, because sometimes they have to wait for some items to come into the warehouse.

Charterhouse sent the dispatch e-mail, and the couriers have definitely got a record of it on their systems with the correct address. I was just very surprised that neither of them would answer the phone or e-mail all day today, and I've seen the same behaviour from other companies as they are going under...

Ive used them loads of times but its never been Lee Couriers as stated by Chaterhouse, Lee Couriers normally pass it onto UK Mail but that said never had any probs.

I too have used charterhouse aquatics on several occasions with no problems. I got my eheim external filter from there.

I think you've probably just been a bit unlucky, it stands to reason that every company has a problem with an order every now and then and I'm guessing that unfortuanately its yours.

I too think its probably a problem with the courier rather than charterhouse, especially if you have recieved the dispatch email.

Try again tomorrow, it may be that they are hectic over the xmas / new year period.

Andy

They've promised delivery on two further days and failed now. The only say they claim to have tried to deliver is the only day I've not asked them to.

The courier company eventually called me to re-arrange delivery yesterday. I finally thought that would be it, but no. I'm now assured that it's coming out today.

Charterhouse Aquatics are irritatingly apathetic about the whole thing. I realise that it's not entirely their fault, but they've chosen the couriers and it's all part of the customer service experience. They've also had the opportunity on several occasions to rectify the problem and don't seem to have taken much action.

I've orderd from them a few times in the past , my filter was supposed to turn up yesterday but didnt , might just be the weather though.

I've orderd from them a few times in the past , my filter was supposed to turn up yesterday but didnt , might just be the weather though.
same as above for me, my order was dispatched monday, but you have to take allowance for the weather really, usually it would have came on tuesday, but i suspect it will be the end of the week.

I would say with this weather deliverys could be very dificult

Delivery may be difficult, but if you speak to someone on Monday night and they say it will be sent out for delivery the next day, and you call the next day at 5pm and find it's not even been out for delivery, and this then happens 4 more times, that's not really on, is it? I wouldn't mind if the delivery had just been delayed, it's being told it will be delivered and then nothing being done.

Also Citylink, DHL and the Royal Mail have had no issues over the last 2 weeks.

It is a little unproffesional fobbing you off for another day , it is unusual for them indeed. I was pretty frustrated yesterday after staying in for the parcel and it not turning up, not much they can do if it is due to the weather. Just speak to one of the managers and see if they can sort it for you.

It finally arrived this evening. The courier turned out to be UKMail, who from past experience are one of the worst. The outer box was in pretty bad shape, and I wasn't expecting the tank to be in one piece, but it turned out OK. One of the smaller items had fallen out of one of the numerous holes that had opened up in the side.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back