Characterization of Hobbyist Ornamental fish production

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I’ve just completed the survey, and hope you get sufficient responses. It’d great to be able to see the results once they’ve been analysed - will they be made available to the respondents? Or will we need to get them from the appropriate journals?

I’ve just completed the survey, and hope you get sufficient responses. It’d great to be able to see the results once they’ve been analysed - will they be made available to the respondents? Or will we need to get them from the appropriate journals?
Thank you for filling it out. The results will be made available to everyone once the paper is published. A prerequisite for scientific journals is that the results are not published elsewhere, so once it is published in a suitable journal I will they endeavour to share the article, as well as results on the forum and anywhere else I have advertised the study.

Just 15 days left to go to fill in the survey if you haven't already.

We are looking for responses from everyone so please take 5 minutes to fill it out. :)

Done - I have never bred fish (or tried), I may try some day. Many of the questions were N/A, but I answered the non-breeding ones.
Best of luck with your research,

Done - I have never bred fish (or tried), I may try some day. Many of the questions were N/A, but I answered the non-breeding ones.
Best of luck with your research,

Brilliant. Thank you very much :)

We are into the last 10 days that the Survey is live. I encourage anyone who still hasn't taken part, to do so if they wish before it's too late.

On a happy note just over 16% of those who have interacted with or viewed the thread have taken part in the survey, which is miles above the average so thank you to everyone who has taken part so far!
This still represents about 0.5% of registered users so there is still room for many more responses! 🙂

The response rate is the metric which will make or break this study, so I encourage all who can to take part!

Come on people, if you have ever bred a fish, be it a lowly guppy, a cichlid, or something else, do the survey. It's safe and there is nothing in it to incriminate you. Even I did it and I'm an oversized Ewok with an eating disorder :werewolf:

IT'S FOR SCIENCE PEOPLE.
DO IT.
DO IT.
DO IT NOW.

I must have missed this, glad I found it in time. I have been a hobby breeder who may make some profit but most deifinitely have paid all my hobby costs from breeding stuff.

A few more of the Qs should have accepted multiple answers, imo.

I must have missed this, glad I found it in time. I have been a hobby breeder who may make some profit but most deifinitely have paid all my hobby costs from breeding stuff.

A few more of the Qs should have accepted multiple answers, imo.
thank you for filling it out.

The questions are formatted in a way which helps with analysis, not necessarily ideal for answering. It can be a little anoying when creating surveys, but adding too many questions or indeed options can muddy the analysis side of the work.

Just a FYI there are only 2 days left to fill out the form if people are still wanting to.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the Radio Silence it has been a very busy few months.

I just wanted to keep you all updated on the progress of the study.

The paper has been submitted to the journal, it has been approved by the Editor and has gone out to reviewers for peer review. This process normally takes a few months.

I want to thank everyone, including the Forum owners for their assistance with this project. And I am looking forward to sharing the published work with you all soon!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back