Channa-ornatipinnis Have Laid Eggs..drawf Snakeheads

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
There's about 10 left, darn i wish i could send them to you, but think it would be too much hassle, sorry.....

They have reached there aggressive point now so iam thinking quick on what to do, might spead them around abit, unless i can get hold of another tank quick, i know of a 4ft/2ft going free from my mate but has a huge vieja bifa<my ole girl>shes pure evil,hehe so may get that and rehome her again..

ah i gave up hope of having one a while back hun, still secretly keeping my eye out over here though(!) looking to expand into some other fishy sorts though, my fish room is nearly fully functional, one of my 6footers is practically empty and i have so many smaller tanks lying around could make it a really beautiful room to relax in..it just figuring out what to get and saving the funds!!!

They are looking gorgeous Nelly, I love the pic with the adult, reminds me of how big mine will get. I will try to get some more pics done soon.

I guess I should start to give some thought to what I will do with the ones I cant keep, really hope I manage to get a pair. Any signs of your adults breeding again? Or do you think they will wait until all the young ones have gone.

I think they might wait, however i did a water level drop a few months ago, added fresh water last week and they been acting funny again, mock spawning and such, however i would guess now the juvi's will munch any eggs as there aggessions now showing, one has a couple of battle scars and some ripped fins,white skull capp where the skin died, much like a scab, iam not too worried yet

I think they might wait, however i did a water level drop a few months ago, added fresh water last week and they been acting funny again, mock spawning and such, however i would guess now the juvi's will munch any eggs as there aggessions now showing, one has a couple of battle scars and some ripped fins,white skull capp where the skin died, much like a scab, iam not too worried yet

I am still intrigued about what you said with the water changes and the channa ornatipinnis. Why can they tolerate infrequent water changes? Is it because of their lung?

because there air breather's and where there from,usually filthy waters the can tolarate alot, and seem to respond better to infrequent waterchanges, having said that not everyone seems to follow suit, and theres do ok, just breeders i chat to reccomend not changing alot, and when they do change water thats when they seem to have problem's and deaths

Iam over the moon, but its caught me unaware......I have nowhere to raise the fry if the eggs do hatch but, Col said to me there mouthbrooder's but the

eggs are scattered at the top,mostly under the food ring, Maybe because its there 1st time they do not know what to do...or do they do this with the eggs

then take in the fry once they have hatched, Lets keep are fingers crossed that we actually get fry, that would be amazing, Any tips on what to do? leave the

light on as usual or turn it off and cover up tank, water changes or leave as is, i was told snakeheads do not like waterchanges very much............

This is great news to anyone who know's about snakeheads esp ornatipinnis as they have never ever breed in captivity before or so iam told by snakehead

exsperts so this is a first :hyper:

with out further ado i present to you pictures...............

022.jpg

021.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

017.jpg
Congratulations -delighted to hear the news. Fingers crossed! Keep us updated with pictures of the fry. Your snakeheads look amazing..wish I could keep some.

Ok all fry sold now and with there new owner's.......

Here's how the tank look's now and the proud parent's......

part way through re-arranging
3930333404_612b645e86_b.jpg

3930333400_a173babebe_b.jpg

3930333396_98e6973036_b.jpg

re-arranged tank as had to take everything out
3929534953_ce87164b46_b.jpg

3929534947_f7ab5bedd4_b.jpg

3929534949_eacba68310_b.jpg

3929534943_b8668946fc_b.jpg

Anyone who has some fry and care's to share there picture's, please post picture's on here..thank's to everyone who brought some fry from me :D :good: and good luck with future breeding's

they look absolutely fantastic mate!

what size tank do you have them in? looks like a 3 foot from the photos? i've managed to persuade the missus to let me get another tank and i would love to go for one of the Dwarf Channa species

amazing work nelly, well done :hyper: honestly i remember coming across this thread last year and thinking it would fail but kept it to myself, and right i should have done!! amazing pictures aswell!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back