Changing Substrate

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
A note on the gravel you selected. Be Aware. I have something similar in my 29 gallon and the gravel has sharp edges. I suspect it of killing 4 bristlenose plecos. I will not be getting any soft belly fish (plecos or corys) until I change it to sand or smooth round gravel. That said, mine might have sharper edges than the one in the picture. Personally, I would look for something different so you don't run into problems or limitations in the future.

Might go for this to replace the undergravel filter:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLUVAL-2-PLUS-FISH-TANK-AQUARIUM-INTERNAL-FILTER-/120646708173?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item1c171aabcd#ht_2834wt_996

What you think?
Chris ;)

On the right track, but I'd find a Fluval 4+, much bigger with more filter media and a higher water turnover.

You can never over filter, and you can always turn the flow of the bigger filter down, you can't get any more out of a smaller filter once it's running at max. You'll also go longer between needing to clean the filter out as there's more filter media for the water to go through.

Here's a link to the Hagen site with specs of the 4+, and you should be able to find the 2+ easily enough. I'm currently using a 4+ in my 60l tank with about 10 galaxy rasboras and a couple of cory's and the water is absolutely spotless. Like I say you can never over filter your tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back