Changing Filters cartridges,

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Chunandler

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
It has been three weeks since I started my aquarium. The the power filter reccomends to change the cartridge every 2-4 weeks. My tanks is still going through the cycling process. I figured I would change the cartridge in four weeks. I don't have an underground filter. I am going to wash the old cartridge in the some tank water. I don't want to loose all my bacteria. Any other suggestions? :fun:

it might be a good idea to purchase a bio-wheel filter to use along with your powerfilter or look into what the capabilities of present filter is. for example: i have a tetra-tec 300. i can use up to 4 filter cartridges along with a seperate foam filter which serves like biowheel(same idea but different approach). if i use the 4 cart. max, 2 of those cart. do the prelim. filtering then it passes through the 2nd pair of cart.. also when it comes time to change the cart. i only change the first pair, move the 2nd pair into the prelim. position and put the new ones into the secondary position. that way i don't totally lose the bact.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back