Changed the look of my tank 😊

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Potter4

Reaction score
I had a very bright, very pretty tank. But I realized most fish don’t care for that, so I have tried to go for a more natural look. This is the before and after picture. I also took out the fake plants, and I am getting a few live plants to put in there. The water is a little cloudy where I just did it, and the water level is down some. What do you think? As sad as I was to take out all the pretty fakeness, I think I like this better.
65ED4D3C-026B-4033-86F0-F27E704C8535.jpeg
86E2ABFA-2DCB-473E-A248-0EE51CA44D23.jpeg

I kinda miss all the color of my earlier tanks. I feel like our tanks are a canvas and we express ourselves via decorative styles that both suits us and the occupants needs. I think both tanks look great. Honestly, I personally lean toward the first pic. I have had all fake and and part fake and now all natural plants. I guess it's a natural progression for us in this hobby. I don't fault anyone for the high color look though. Like I said I kinda miss it. Lively, bright and fun!

I kinda miss all the color of my earlier tanks. I feel like our tanks are a canvas and we express ourselves via decorative styles that both suits us and the occupants needs. I think both tanks look great. Honestly, I personally lean toward the first pic. I have had all fake and and part fake and now all natural plants. I guess it's a natural progression for us in this hobby. I don't fault anyone for the high color look though. Like I said I kinda miss it. Lively, bright and fun!
Yeah, I definitely loved the way it looked. It was pretty just looking at it with no fish 😂 I set it up before I even started doing any research on fish, and knew after a few days I wanted to switch to sand instead of gravel. Then it kind of went from there. I didn’t really think I would like it this way, but I do. I’ll probably be able to see the fish a little better 😊 Just kind of bare, but hopefully when I get some plants in there, it will fill up a bit more.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back