change in molly behaviour

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

chrisdenyer

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone can tell me if they've noticed mollies becoming more shy, and whether it might be a sign of anything bad? I doubt there's anything wrong, my mollies are behaving perfectly normally (as far as I can tell) when I watch them from across the room but recently they've started hiding when I come up to the tank (unless it's feeding time), when they used to be pretty chilled out and would let me watch them for ages whilst minding their own business, or even come up to the glass to check me out. I wonder whether it's just down to me being busy recently so not paying as much attention to them, so they've lost familiarity. It makes it much harder to check on them health-wise though! I've noticed one of them has pretty bad pop eye on one side, just done a couple of water changes - I'd missed a few recently (not consecutively) and the nitrates had snuck up a bit, got them back down now.

TBH, its probably the nitrates which made the molly go a bit odd, they could just be feeling off, if you're already solving this then things could get back to normal.
It could also be that they arent used to seeing you about anymore...but my fish are always following me about depending on what side of the tank I'm at they are there. Even if they haven't seen anyone for a couple of days they are always there to me with hungry eyes.... give it a few more days once the water is up to standard again and see what they do then :)

thanks, I expect that's it. I'll keep an eye on them!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back