Centre piece suggestion?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fishdoc

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was looking for some suggestions for one final centre piece fish to add to my current setup as follows:

123 litre (32.5 gal) (tank setup and cycled for over a year and temp at 26 Celsius/79 Fahrenheit)
32.5"/82cm x 15.75"/40cm x 15.35"/39cm LxWxH
5 x corydoras
2 x otocinclus
2 x honey gourami
3 x bolivian rams (two have paired off but they generally dont fight apart from while breeding)
6 x cardinal tetra
2 x male guppies

The only thing I feel its missing is a colourful, slightly larger centre piece fish but am just aware I dont want to upset the peace in the tank that currently exists. I love the rams but the middle/upper tank seems a little empty (apart from the honey gouramis). I have had 3 successive powder blue gouramis over the last year and they have all gotten on really well and then died of iridovirus. I cant face another one as it seems almost impossible to get them without the virus now. I had considered a blue acara but I have also read reports they might bully the rams as they often claim territory at the bottom of the tank.

Would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks

I would'nt add anything new to the tank, I'd let them grow out as the Rams and Gourami will probably provide the impact you want at times. I'd also get more Cardinal Tetras and Corys, up them to 10 each and a few more Otos.

The Guppies are an outlier here as they need harder, cooler water than the rest of the fish in here (I'm assuming you have soft water?) and you would be better with the space for others of the species you already have.

Wills

Agree with Wills.

Up the cory and oto to 8 each, and the cardinals to 12-15 - they're all schooling fish who should be in groups which makes them much cooler to watch too. You could add another couple of honey gourami so they pop a bit more in that mid and upper levels.

That'll probably be the tank full.

Most reactions

trending

Back