FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello TFF! I am wanting a centerpiece fish for my new 29g tank. I so fully cycled and currently houses 1 Zebra Danio (im going to get 5 more soon), 1 Male BN pleco, 10 cherry shrimp, and a few snails. Could I maybe do a Cockatoo Cichlid? Or a Dwarf Yellow Cichlid? I am open to any suggestions. :)

(P.S. Maybe a angel ram Cichlid? I want something that is pretty, not aggressive.)

Hello TFF! I am wanting a centerpiece fish for my new 29g tank. I so fully cycled and currently houses 1 Zebra Danio (im going to get 5 more soon), 1 Male BN pleco, 10 cherry shrimp, and a few snails. Could I maybe do a Cockatoo Cichlid? Or a Dwarf Yellow Cichlid? I am open to any suggestions. :)

(P.S. Maybe a angel ram Cichlid? I want something that is pretty, not aggressive.)
I LOVE cockatoo cichlids. They are gorgeous fish!

We no longer have our 4ft but when we did he had 5 dwarf gouramis to make a collective centre peice.

My friend has angle fish as their centre peice- a pair! And I think they look pretty majestic too :)

So are they compatible with Zebra Danios? And would they work in a 29g tank?

Cockatoo cichlids and Rams come from amazon river basin where water is warm slow moving acidic and soft where as danios come from asia/india from cooler harder more alkaline faster moving water so water and habitat are completely opposite

Having said that danios are also highly adaptable to all sorts of water but their frantic swimming behavior might stress slower moving fish like rams and cockatoos out.

If you decide to add a dwarf cichlid obtain water parameters that favor the cichlids not the danios, as dwarf cichlids are more sensitive to water parameters than danios.

I concur with above post. Also, this same question was asked in your other thread...it is best to keep a topic to one thread so everyone knows what has been said, and you will get a better response too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back