Centerpiece/Divider Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Oblio

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of a tank for a centerpiece or divider in a room rather than against a wall. What is the best tank setup to both hide equipment and allow views from around the tank without the clutter of HOB etc? Has anyone here set up a tank in this way?

I'm toying with the idea of a tank for a centerpiece or divider in a room rather than against a wall. What is the best tank setup to both hide equipment and allow views from around the tank without the clutter of HOB etc? Has anyone here set up a tank in this way?
Never set up a tank this way BUUUUUT I would say there are two ways I know of...
The first and absolute best way is to have the filtration/pipes hidden in another room or in the basement and connect it up to the tank through the floor. This is the most expensive.

Second best option is to get a nice wooden tank stand where you can hide a canister filter inside of it and somehow get the canister filter piping to the tank (probably through the bottom)

But then again I don't know much about those kind of setups... Just my best thoughts on it

Double tier stand with a trickle filter or power filter under it. Heater and other things can go in the trickle filter. Have wooden panels around the stand that can be removed to give you access to the filter.

You can get holes drilled in glass to take drain pipes and return pipes. Then all you see is the aquarium with a pvc pipe in two corners.

A lot of marine tanks are done like this and freshwater can be done too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back