Can anyone identify these white spots.
Celendine is a full grown severum in a 75g tank

Tank stats:
Ammonia nil
Nitite nil
Nitrates 30

Weekly 25% water changes

Not overstocked

Double filtration one internal filter and an aqua 4 external.

She is nervous, unable to feed and twitchy. I have tried EsHa 2000 with no luck.

All her tankmates seem unaffected but Celendine has been unwell for a week now and the spots appeared at the same time. Today she has developed redness around the spots which I fear may mean dropsy is inevitable. She is 5 years old and I would be grateful for any advice.

It is not very clear in the picture, do those bumps look a little bit like cauliflower? Do a search on Lymphocystitis. It's a viral infection and will go away on its own. 
I don't think dropsy is something you need to worry about at the moment, the redness just is a sign of irritation on the site where the bumps are. 

Clean water will help the healing process, your Nitrates are a little higher than I would keep them. How often do you change the water, and how much?
Try to soak some food with garlic juice, sometimes fish to accept foods with garlic when they don't accept it otherwise. Garlic also boosts the immunesystem. 

This is a good site to look up some common diseases, I hope it's OK to post here  http://www.badmanstropicalfish.com/fish_palace/tropicalfish_disease_identification.html

It's hard to tell in the picture.
How big are the spots?
Are they smooth looking or look like a cauliflower?
Do the spots have a white centre?
Do the spots look like there filled with fluid?

Hi Wilder

smooth with white filling. Just got home from work and noticed she also has a bronze coloured net like substance, some of which has detached and is floating in the tank. She won't let me nearer to get a better picture but I'll keep trying.

Meeresstille thanks, I do 25% weekly water changes normally but did an extra 40% change before treatment with the EsHa 2000. I plan to do another big change this weekend. It doesn't look like any of the diseases on Badmans site.

Not sure what you mean. Sorry.
Do you mean the bronze net like substance is coming from the spot, or lump?

Could it be the slime coat coming off? Could it be a side effect from the medicine?

Sorry if I didn't make it clear, there are tiny bronze dots on her but I think she may have velvet disease? The dots seem to be connected by a film which partially floats off from time to time. Maybe where it attaches to the slime coat. Anyway, I will try a combination of eSha Exit and 2000 which work well together but first the waterchange.

Will post to say if she gets better.

Hows the fish since adding the medications?

She's no worse and the bronze stuff seems to have gone. Still has one white spot but it's early days.

OK.
Thanks for the update.
Good Luck.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back