Catfish food - King British

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Mine are okay with it...but then I have told them that they can't have any pudding, if they don't eat their meat.
I mean...how can they have any pudding, if they don't eat their meat?
I think my fish did not vote for Brexit as they don't like British 😂 I will check their passports 😃

Last edited:
There should be a label round the sides of the tub which has all the info on it.
The website isn't very helpful either. But it does say (my bold)
King British Catfish Pellet Food is a sinking, complete food for all types of Catfish and other algae eaters.
which suggests it has a high veg content.

Can anyone who has this product with the side label tell us what's in it, please.

King British food is pretty cheap, and since they're cagey about their ingredients, I would be even less inclined to trust it.

Don't forget that cories go mad for algae wafers, but that doesn't mean it's good for them! @Byron will say that they need a mostly meat based diet, and for that to be mostly insects, not things like blood worms.

Bug Bites is one of the best foods, since it's made from real insects and doesn't contain a load of cheap filler. I personally can vouch that my cories (bronzes, sterbai and pygmy) all eat Bug Bites with relish, as do the other fish in their tanks.

ETA: It's also not an expensive food! :)

My fish seem to go mad for food made from insects. I use three types of bug bites atm, but there are other companies that make insect based foods such as FishScience.

I assume the nasty pet cockroach tank odour is what they go for lol

Thank you, I will give it a go.

I've never heard of fish refusing Bug Bites, so definitely worth a shot :D
My fish seem to go mad for food made from insects. I use three types of bug bites atm, but there are other companies that make insect based foods such as FishScience.

I assume the nasty pet cockroach tank odour is what they go for lol

The variety in sizing is really useful isn't it? I use the microgranules (light blue label) for my tank with pygmy cories, since their tiny mouths need tiny food, and switch between the bottom feeder formula (green label) for my bronze and sterbai cories, and the medium sized, dark blue one for that same tank, since the other fish in the bronze/sterbai tank have an easier time eating that one, while the cories don't seem to care about the size, they'll snuffle up anything!

@fish face fanatic Your cories will also love any live food, if you fancy culturing something like microworms or dahnia, and frozen foods are also a big hit and add some variety and nutrition. Bloodworms should be more of an occasional treat, but you can get so much variety in frozen food. I feed frozen daphnia, cyclops, mosquito larvae, krill - lots of different things in a variety pack of frozen food. :) Makes feeding time even more entertaining to watch!

My raphael cats behaved very strangely when I fed them the King British catfish pellets. Manic, pacing up and down the walls of the tank, but not in their normal hunting way. I looked at the ingredients, and it's a lot of chemicals, synthetic stuff (insert jokes about Brexit here), nothing fresh. I gave them some Bug Bites and Omega One shrimp pellets, and they resumed normal behaviour. Haven't touched the King British stuff since.

Mine are okay with it...but then I have told them that they can't have any pudding, if they don't eat their meat.
I mean...how can they have any pudding, if they don't eat their meat?
Now you got me playing Pink Floyd :lol:

Funny thing is it reads : For all types of catfish and other algae eaters.

Edit : Ahhhh that was allready discovered hahaha. And then a pic of a Cory is shown.
ohhh ohhh

Funny thing is it reads : For all types of catfish and other algae eaters.

Edit : Ahhhh that was allready discovered hahaha. And then a pic of a Cory is shown.
ohhh ohhh
As already stated, King British has never been viewed as a 'quality' item here in Blighty.
I think the 'For all types of catfish and other algae eaters' says so, so much. ;)

King British food is pretty cheap, and since they're cagey about their ingredients, I would be even less inclined to trust it.

Don't forget that cories go mad for algae wafers, but that doesn't mean it's good for them! @Byron will say that they need a mostly meat based diet, and for that to be mostly insects, not things like blood worms.

Bug Bites is one of the best foods, since it's made from real insects and doesn't contain a load of cheap filler. I personally can vouch that my cories (bronzes, sterbai and pygmy) all eat Bug Bites with relish, as do the other fish in their tanks.

ETA: It's also not an expensive food! :)
@AdoraBelle Dearheart I am getting 8 or 9 pepper cories next week size 2-3 mm, could you recommend what size bug bites I should I go for please.

Thank you

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back