Catfish? & Clown loach

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Beesboer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi every one! I have bought a Clown loach & 2 Discus catfishes "that's what the LFS called it".
My first question, are my tank big enough for the Clown (260L) and is it better to get another clown?
Second question, I can't find any information on the "Discus catfishes". Can someone tell me what are there real name? They will be 6-7cm when they are adult. They are rather flat and always suck on the glass wall.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks!

I have never heard of discus catfish, maybe there just discus. And for 2 discus and 1 clown, usually the clown loaches likes its own company, so the company of another clown loach would be ideal.

They are rather flat and always suck on the glass wall.

Now that i read that properly, they may be catfishs since they suck on the glass wall. I'm not sure what they are though.

This isn't another name for Hillstream loach is it, by any chance? :S

the clown loaches do much better within groups......at least three I would say.

not sure about 'discus' catfish......

The discus catfish is actually a Hillstream Loach. It looks to me as if the LFS don't always know what they are selling. I want to add later a Bala shark, Red tail shark, Discus and some catfish. Do you think my tank will be big enough for all these fish after I have added another Clown Loach?
Another question, 2Clowns or more & why?

Thanks again for all your help!!

Clown loaches are schooling fish and should ideally be kept in groups of at least 6-8 fish. However, since they are quite large and this is not always possible, a group of at least 3 is a bare minimum.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back