Catch and cook dreams up in smoke

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well yesterday I watched an interesting video in which Joey Sley Em deep fried an Iguana and seasoned it all with Dan'Os and flour batter, and he says it tastes like chicken. Well we don't have wild iguanas or anything like that in the UK so I checked to see what fish were in the local rivers and yet they all seem to be considered inedible by British consumers :(

Roach, Perch, Carp, Tench, Bream, Pike. are in my local River Nene.

I tried some real crab yesterday, it was bought home from Norfolk, it tasted like fish sticks which used to be called crab sticks. Anyway, it was nothing like the crap I ate last year which was like a white paste with the texture of sawdust.

I cannot stand Joey Slay Em and all of the rest of that crowd. None of them show any real love or care for fish, frequent actual cruelty, and it's all about youtube drama and looking cool to their audience of kids.

Sorry, I just think they're a bad influence on a generation of potential future hobbyists.

I cannot stand Joey Slay Em and all of the rest of that crowd. None of them show any real love or care for fish, frequent actual cruelty, and it's all about youtube drama and looking cool to their audience of kids.

Sorry, I just think they're a bad influence on a generation of potential future hobbyists.

There are some jokers on there, but Joeys tanks seem to look ok to me.

That absolutely is cruel, I wonder how many fish died in his hands.
Oh, all of them in the end. He thinks it doesn't matter because they're feeder fish. Leaving aside pros and cons and ethical questions about feeder fish, I still don't believe it's okay to put them through extreme stress and possible internal damage from the suction, just because "they're going to be eaten anyway". I think it's even worse to market that as okay and safe for fish, especially when they're well aware that the majority of their audience are children.

I don't remember the name of the guy, but he puts huge fish in small uncycled tanks.
Umm... The King of DIY? I hate that guy - he does stuff for views and views only. He is so non knowledgeable and kills a lot of expensive and good-looking fish.

Oh, all of them in the end. He thinks it doesn't matter because they're feeder fish. Leaving aside pros and cons and ethical questions about feeder fish, I still don't believe it's okay to put them through extreme stress and possible internal damage from the suction, just because "they're going to be eaten anyway". I think it's even worse to market that as okay and safe for fish, especially when they're well aware that the majority of their audience are children.
It doesn't matter if they are feeder fish or not, they still are animals.

I don't know about the rest of those species, but perch are really good eating.

Oh I never heard of it. The thing is though you don't get to choose what you catch. Then again with nets you can select! did you eat perch then? Whats it like?

I watched him toss like 30 male and female bettas in a pond with Koi, goldfish and other fish before. And he put about 30 goldfish in a table he made from PVC pipe. I think he's an absolute idiot

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back