Cat Litter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
It'll clear.

Big lump of floss and a small internal filter sorted mine out in no time.

Just general floss for teeth? Or do you mean some kind of different type of floss?

Filter floss! Or filter wool, if you prefer. It is a bit like sticking cotton wool in your filter.

Owww, lol

Never realised it was called that, silly me
blush.png

Don't worry, I won't use dental floss

Does anyone know if the Tesco Low Dust kitty litter is available in the USA? Or is there different kinds of kitty litter that will work? Thanks in advance.

Does anyone know if the Tesco Low Dust kitty litter is available in the USA? Or is there different kinds of kitty litter that will work? Thanks in advance.

Ive looked and I can't find tesco, maybe try searching for an all natural or organic litter?? I tried "low dust" but came up with zilch. GL

anyone got a close up shot of what the kitty litter actually looks like in the tank ?

I've got a bigger tank on order and it's going to be for corys, corys and more corys...so i am open to options for best possible substrate (if there is a better option)

I got some river sand from hardware store today, but it doesnt seem anywhere near as smooth as the playground sand i have been using in other 2 tanks:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/385096-panda-cory-fry-questions/

Although cat litter is fine in a tank environment, on the condition as mentioned that it's washed well.... it's not the best substrate for cory's, they cant dig in it and wont show full natural behaviour..... IMO sand is the only choice... not only for the natural side but to avoid any unnecessary cuts and abrasions it may cause.

Ive used cat litter many many many times in planted tanks and i assure you, it's actually quite sharp.... many a time while washing ive manage to either cut or graze myself.

PS..... if people arnt choosing play sand due to colour, have a look a pool filter sand.... it can be got in a few colours.... the white is actually really nice but gets dirty quick.

anyone got a close up shot of what the kitty litter actually looks like in the tank ?

I've got a bigger tank on order and it's going to be for corys, corys and more corys...so i am open to options for best possible substrate (if there is a better option)

I got some river sand from hardware store today, but it doesnt seem anywhere near as smooth as the playground sand i have been using in other 2 tanks:
http://www.fishforum...-fry-questions/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back