Cat fish belly up.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

luma

Reaction score
Ok my cat fish started struggling to swim then the belly swelled up and it was swimming upside down on ther surface, lasted about 12 hours and died. Could this be dropsy? The fish is too smooth to see if the scales where prutruding if it even had scales. water perameters are

PH- 7,5
Ammonia- 0,1
Nitrate- 30
Nitrite- 0,1
tank size 740 liters

I did a 50 water change as well. The second catfish looks a littel off as well. All the other fish seem fine except for the last Tiger barb that I found floating on the top of the tank, but that was more likely tha Knife fish having a littel sport. any sugestions?

Sorry to here that luma :(

sounds like it could be dropsy though it did seem to happen quickly :unsure:

maybe a swim bladder problem could be to blame :unsure:

:(

Unfortunatly I cannot remember the name, I bought them when I was cycleing the tank. I had to destroy the other one last night it was displaying the exact same symptoms. I did notice a white spot that developed on the belly of both fish perhaps the swelling caused it. None of the other fish seem to be infected yet.

Hi poeples I`ve just bought a marbled Clarius Cat fish and it beuitiful, i`ve ordered a Red Tailed cat fish, and a Tiger shovel nose too, i`ll let u know how they get on... :fun: :thumbs: :) :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back