Carpeting Plants

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

backtotropical

Retired Mod
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Can everyone please post pics of their carpeting plants, along with a note of what they are, to help me choose what to carpet my substrate with?

Many thanks.

BTT

c'mon, please?

Season of goodwill and all that.

Riccia Fluitans - takashi amano uses it a lot, it is mainly a floating plant but if it is tied down to a net or driftwood, it is an excellent carpet plant. :santa:

Eleocharis `parvula` and HC:

LB006psss.jpg

Eleocharis `parvula` with Dwarf Riccia and HC:

Sams030pscrop.jpg

Riccia fluitans:

Sunsetpb.jpg

Dave.....on a time out from trying to build a doll`s house. Merry Christmas everyone.

Those tanks are amazing Dave. Thats exactly what i am looking for. Thanks.

The bit wood in the second pic is a work of art. :good:

Dare i ask, what is HC?

Keep them coming.

Those tanks are amazing Dave. Thats exactly what i am looking for. Thanks.

The bit wood in the second pic is a work of art. :good:

Dare i ask, what is HC?

Keep them coming.

Hemianthus Callitrichoides

hc would be my choose

chris

Thanks Chr15_8.

Does anyone have pictures of Echinodorus Tennelus, Blyxa Japonica or Glossostigma Elatinoides being used as carpeting plants?

Cheers

Thanks Chr15_8.

Does anyone have pictures of Echinodorus Tennelus, Blyxa Japonica or Glossostigma Elatinoides being used as carpeting plants?

Cheers

May I offer a suggestion? Take a peak at the Member's Planted tank section.

http://www.fishforums.net/content/Plants-a...-Planted-Tanks/

Many of the members specifically list the plant species used, including ground covers. George Farmer has a stunning example of a glossostigma carpet. Others have used E. tennelus, dwarf sags, moss (Jimbooo), and marsilea (me, and others). George started that thread so people would see good examples of planted tanks by the members of this forum. Many of you have lovely scapes, and I personally would like to see more of you post your work there, as browsing through it often can answer many questions.

Just a suggestion.

llj :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back